Cutch dealt to Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by IABucFan »

Right move...wrong time. I think they should have traded him to the Gnats last year. Regardless, I've said all offseason that they need to tear the whole thing down. I'd now look to move Cervelli and Harrison for sure, maybe Marte and Polanco if the return is right. And, even though they just signed him, I'd look to deal Rivero. He'd probably net the greatest return. And, I don't think we'll be needing a closer any time soon.
notes34

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by notes34 »

282023140227000F610 wrote: Right move...wrong time. I think they should have traded him to the Gnats last year. Regardless, I've said all offseason that they need to tear the whole thing down. I'd now look to move Cervelli and Harrison for sure, maybe Marte and Polanco if the return is right. And, even though they just signed him, I'd look to deal Rivero. He'd probably net the greatest return. And, I don't think we'll be needing a closer any time soon.
I would trade Rivero tomorrow. He isn't needed now or anytime soon. I have to believe we are stuck with Cervelli. Harrison will soon be gone.
notes34

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by notes34 »

: Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Pirates are covering $2.5MM of McCutchen’s $14.75MM salary.
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

575F5C6B7D587F701E0 wrote: Right move...wrong time. I think they should have traded him to the Gnats last year. Regardless, I've said all offseason that they need to tear the whole thing down. I'd now look to move Cervelli and Harrison for sure, maybe Marte and Polanco if the return is right. And, even though they just signed him, I'd look to deal Rivero. He'd probably net the greatest return. And, I don't think we'll be needing a closer any time soon.

Exactly right. Last year was the time to deal Cutch. He was coming off a lousy season, but yet, netted a greater offer as in return than what the Bucs got this year after a somewhat rebound season. They signed Rivero right after just to say we are trying.
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

70716A7B6D2D2A1E0 wrote: : Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Pirates are covering $2.5MM of McCutchen’s $14.75MM salary.

That probably helped in getting Reynolds thrown in.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Crick was a first round pick and did start in 2016 in the minors. Maybe he is considered a starter for the Pirates?
INbuc

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by INbuc »

Andrew McCutchen was a class act, a great Pirate player, and a hero for a whole new generation of fans. We were blessed to have him as long as we did.

Although he would be a long shot to make the Hall of Fame, his departure did make me think: given this day and age how unlikely it is we will ever have another career Pirate Hall of Famer with a statue outside PNC Park.
steve49

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by steve49 »

45555463757579160 wrote: : Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Pirates are covering $2.5MM of McCutchen’s $14.75MM salary.

We also get 500K (rights not the money) in International Bonus money. I think this deal is a little better than the Cole return . Neither was spectacular but obviously "the market was the market."
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

2A21292520213A7F790E372F262121602D214E0 wrote: Crick was a first round pick and did start in 2016 in the minors. Maybe he is considered a starter for the Pirates? 

The guy has control issues. Not exactly what you want for a starter. He is a disaster on the mound when it comes to control.
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

5B5C4D5E4D1C11280 wrote: : Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Pirates are covering $2.5MM of McCutchen’s $14.75MM salary.

We also get 500K (rights not the money) in International Bonus money. I think this deal is a little better than the Cole return . Neither was spectacular but obviously "the market was the market."

Maybe, but to me does that move the needle for this organization? That really doesn't help much IMO.