Breakout Player Prediction

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Post by notes34 »

0D2C240D262E490 wrote: I am going with two players who have to perform for their own future sake:

Polanco in the majors.  He has all the tools, he has had one solid year.  He should certainly be a .800+ OPS guy.

Meadows in the minors.  He needs a healthy year and show he can hit in Triple A.  I felt he was projected to hit the majors last year, he certainly can be a call up this year if he is hitting.  I would love to see him get 500 at bats this year.

Me too Dog.  More Polanco than Meadows.

What makes you think it will be Polanco? I don't see any reason to believe we are going to see much more than we already have. His swing sucks, and he looks uncomfortable at best in the OF.

Just a gut feeling.  Of course I have a pretty big gut!   ;D  What makes you think he will not have a break out year?

Easy answer. I've watched him play. ;D

I've watched him play too and read about his change in off season workout routine.  Hey, I know why we have differing opinions, it must be the Dogknot brand rose colored glasses I wear!   ;D

Of course I hope you are correct. I hope is offseason workouts make him more durable. The problem is, I don't care how hard he workouts out if he can't correct that god awful swing.
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

Nick Kingham for the minors... I think by the end of the year he’ll be in the Pirates rotation. Majors... I can see Polanco and Moran both having really nice years
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I agree with a lot of what's been written, but the guy I'm really looking to have a big year is Cole Tucker. I think he has a big year at Altoona, gets moved up to Indy by mid-season, and maybe gets a September call-up to Pittsburgh.

On the MLB side of things, I'm gonna go with Glasnow. I think he has the pedigree. I think he starts the year in the pen, moves to the rotation in May, and gives us 20 starts with an ERA around 3.75.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Nothing screams break out to me. If I had to say one, it would be Taillon.