Pirates@Tigers Season Opener Game Thread 3/30...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

A No Doubter by Gregory!

3 run HR.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: OK! Polanco with 3-run shot!!!

3-0 green light too.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Only one game but Polanco looks pretty impressive today at the plate. Need his bat to win games this year. He might be the difference in winning this game.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Let’s put Glasnow in for a save now he is the only pitcher left lol.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Raise it!!! It wasn’t pretty but a win is a win and this team will take them anyway they can get them.
Quail

Post by Quail »

A masterpiece! :D
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

6979784F5959553A0 wrote: hard to believe that both Feliz and Rivero have been so bad today.

I said when we acquired him that Feliz was the second coming of Cammeniero.  Seems to be true.

Yeah, you’re wrong
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

0A37302A37305E0 wrote: hard to believe that both Feliz and Rivero have been so bad today.

I said when we acquired him that Feliz was the second coming of Cammeniero.  Seems to be true.

Yeah, you’re wrong

How? They are pretty much the same.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

1303023523232F400 wrote: hard to believe that both Feliz and Rivero have been so bad today.

Yeah, you’re wrong

How?  They are pretty much the same.

I've never seen him pitch.   The stat sheet and pitchFX looks like the following to me:

Feliz is unlikely to succeed.  They prob see the k/bb rate and FIP and chaulk it up to bad luck that he's never succeeded higher than AA.   But he's basically a fastball only guy.  Like caminero was.   17/17 pitches were fastballs yesterday.  He's heavy heavy FB in past MLB time too. 

I think he's going to continue to get squared up in the bigs and should be in AAA learning to pitch so he has a chance of succeeding in the future.  Hes not had time in AAA and hasn't  succeeded in MLB. 

Looks like Caminero on the stat sheet and pitchFX, I agree.. really good k rate, even in the bigs is good to see. He should be able to mitigate the extra baserunners he puts on base from the high walk rates. He needs to not get hit so hard. Throwing 100 straight fastballs doesn't work anymore