Time for Polanco to sit

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by dmetz »

Optioning Osuna isn't terrible.  It should have been Adam Frazier because Osuna should be taking time from Josh Bell right now, imo.  But Osuna isn't outrageous.

Sitting Meadows right now is an absolute embarrassment.  Embarrassment!  How can you sit any player as hot as Meadows?   My goodness, I can't believe they sat him.

It would've made more sense to option him than to keep him up and sit him while he's the hottest hotter in baseball this week! ;D.  Let's keep his service time clock ticking while he sits on the bench lol. Stupidity on steroids

Ecbucs

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by Ecbucs »

can anybody report on how Trevor Williams looks today? Results are not great so far.
Quail

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by Quail »

353C34252B510 wrote: Optioning Osuna isn't terrible.  It should have been Adam Frazier because Osuna should be taking time from Josh Bell right now, imo.  But Osuna isn't outrageous.

Sitting Meadows right now is an absolute embarrassment.  Embarrassment!  How can you sit any player as hot as Meadows?   My goodness, I can't believe they sat him.

It would've made more sense to option him than to keep him up and sit him while he's the hottest hotter in baseball this week! ;D.  Let's keep his service time clock ticking while he sits on the bench lol.   Stupidity on steroids

Just read this morning that Hurdle intends to use an "outfield rotation". From an article by Rob Biertempfel in The Athletic:

"Hurdle made it clear that Dickerson, Marte and, yes, even the embattled Polanco will remain the starting trio. Meadows will get spot starts in all three outfield spots as well as appearances off the bench." :-/

Really? Spot starts for your hottest hitter?

fjk090852-7

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by fjk090852-7 »

In my opinion the best thing that could happen with Polanco would be to trade him. If they have to, send some money along with him to cover salary.
notes34

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by notes34 »

303C3D666F666E63647B61560 wrote: In my opinion the best thing that could happen with Polanco would be to trade him. If they have to, send some money along with him to cover salary.
Yep.
dmetz

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by dmetz »

183C282025490 wrote: Optioning Osuna isn't terrible.  It should have been Adam Frazier because Osuna should be taking time from Josh Bell right now, imo.  But Osuna isn't outrageous.

It would've made more sense to option him than to keep him up and sit him while he's the hottest hotter in baseball this week! ;D.  Let's keep his service time clock ticking while he sits on the bench lol.   Stupidity on steroids

Just read this morning that Hurdle intends to use an "outfield rotation". From an article by Rob Biertempfel in The Athletic:

"Hurdle made it clear that Dickerson, Marte and, yes, even the embattled Polanco will remain the starting trio. Meadows will get spot starts in all three outfield spots as well as appearances off the bench."    :-/

Really? Spot starts for your hottest hitter?

Sad politics.   That's an idiotic baseball decision, driven by politics, while they try to trade Polanco.   Meadows's service clock is ticking, he's red hot, and instead of playing him you're going to ****ing bench him.  or "platoon him"?  If he ends up super two, that's going to add about 10-15 million dollars to him over the next 6-7 years.  If they're going to try to get him past super two, every day he spends up is one more day he will need to spend down later on.

Even regardless of that... you're not even going to PLAY HIM EVERYDAY when he's this hot?

It's one of the dumbest decisions ever.   Sending him down to save days on his service clock would have made much more sense.   

I'm sure the normal defenders will be along shortly to explain it all away, but there's really no defense for it.   Sheer stupidy because they don't want to either 1) hurt polanco's feelings 2) reduce his value while they try to trade him.

When a hitter is this hot, benching him can cost you a game.    Maybe he goes 0-4 with a couple Ks?  THEN do whatever you want. 
dmetz

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by dmetz »

Polanco's exit velocities have been very high lately. He's been hitting the ball hard. He's probably going to get into one and get it over the fence soon.

He and meadows are both in the lineup today while Dickerson sits. Hopefully meadows didn't cool off with his day off yesterday.
notes34

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by notes34 »

747D75646A100 wrote: Polanco's exit velocities have been very high lately.  He's been hitting the ball hard.   He's probably going to get into one and get it over the fence soon.   

He and meadows are both in the lineup today while Dickerson sits.     Hopefully meadows didn't cool off with his day off yesterday.   
So now Polanco gets in the lineup again over arguably our best offensive player so far this year. >:(
fjk090852-7

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Another 0-4 for Polanco. He needs to sit out a few games.
skinnyhorse

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by skinnyhorse »

59505849473D0 wrote: Optioning Osuna isn't terrible.  It should have been Adam Frazier because Osuna should be taking time from Josh Bell right now, imo.  But Osuna isn't outrageous.

That's NH and CH, nothing changes same old crap expecting different results how stupid can Nutting be hiring these clowns to run your business. Obviously he inherited his money.