SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1804270139

Jung Ho Kang: 'I will not disappoint anyone anymore'

Bill Brink

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Apr 27, 2018

Jung Ho Kang apologized Friday and thanked Major League Baseball, the Pirates, fans, his lawyers and the U.S. government.

The statement released by the Pirates comes one day after the team announced that Kang received a work visa and re-entered the United States after more than a year of immigration issues stemming from a December 2016 DUI arrest in South Korea, his third such offense.

“After a long, painful process, I am excited to have a chance to return to the game that I have missed so much,” Kang said in the statement. “My focus is first on becoming the best person that I can be. Secondly, I look forward to getting to Pirate City and demonstrating that I am committed to doing whatever I can to get back to Pittsburgh and help the Pirates win.”

Prior to the visa issues, Kang agreed to the voluntary recommended treatment program from the joint treatment board he was required to appear before after his DUI. He will fulfill those obligations — the specifics of which are unknown — before reporting to the Pirates’ facility in Bradenton, Fla.

“I am very grateful to the U.S. government for giving me a second chance to demonstrate my pride in and appreciation for being allowed to continue my dream of playing Major League Baseball in the United States,” Kang said. “I am also thankful for the support of Major League Baseball, the Pirates, my teammates and our fans. Their strong support has been a driving force and motivation for me during the past year.”

Kang, 31, thanked his lawyers, Amy Maldonado and Javad Khazaeli, and Octagon Baseball, whose managing director, Alan Nero, is Kang’s agent.

“Most importantly, I want to apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the Pirates organization, Pirates fans and anyone else who has been negatively affected by my regretful actions,” Kang said. “I am deeply sorry.”

He ended the statement with, “I will not disappoint anyone anymore.”
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

This guy is going to CRUSH baseballs!   On a mission...  Show us how sorry your are Kang!   Show us, by being a .500 slug middle of the order bat by July.  Prove it Boy-o! 

All will be forgiven with yinzer nation, rest assured.  yes yes yes.  He's not played in a year and a half.   Remember how A-Rod came back at 37 after having not played in a year?   it's not going to take long  :D

I'm very excited. This is a very exciting time! What's going to happen? What do we have here?

Such a wide range of possibilities.

fjk090852-7

Kang back?

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F565E4F413B0 wrote: This guy is going to CRUSH baseballs!   On a mission...  Show us how sorry your are Kang!   Show us, by being a .500 slug middle of the order bat by July.  Prove it Boy-o! 

All will be forgiven with yinzer nation, rest assured.  yes yes yes.  He's not played in a year and a half.   Remember how A-Rod came back at 37 after having not played in a year?   it's not going to take long  :D

I'm very excited. This is a very exciting time!  What's going to happen?  What do we have here? 

Such a wide range of possibilities. 

If Kang can return to perform as before, plus Musgrove can overcome his injury and possibly Keller arrives in mid August the stretch run could be exciting.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

If Kang can become an effective player again and avoid trouble things could get interesting. Moran was the key guy in the Cole trade and he's doing well so I don't see him losing the 3B job to Kang. When Kang works out in Pirate City, I wonder if he'll play 2B as well as 3B and SS. If Harrison gets dealt at the deadline, could Kang take over 2B? Mercer is a FA next year and is only 4 months younger than Kang. Could Kang take over SS? Could Kang become a super-sub and make Frazier or S-Rod expendable?
fjk090852-7

Kang back?

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: If Kang can become an effective player again and avoid trouble things could get interesting. Moran was the key guy in the Cole trade and he's doing well so I don't see him losing the 3B job to Kang. When Kang works out in Pirate City, I wonder if he'll play 2B as well as 3B and SS. If Harrison gets dealt at the deadline, could Kang take over 2B? Mercer is a FA next year and is only 4 months younger than Kang. Could Kang take over SS? Could Kang become a super-sub and make Frazier or S-Rod expendable?
If Kang becomes a super sub I would guess they may send Frazier to Indy. I think the veteran presence of S Rod is too important to move him in mid season. I know his bat has not come around yet, but his defensive play is very valuable, and I believe he is an example to the younger players on the team. The Bucs do not want to upset the chemistry of the team if they are still playing well if and when Kang returns.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would think Freese would be the one looking over his shoulder. Rodriguez is right-handed, plays more positions, and plays the same positions as Freese.
RichD

Kang back?

Post by RichD »

I`m all for the guy coming back .Heck, I have 4 DUI`s plus a couple felonies. I`m still allowed to work and do it everyday.

Put him at second and a little ss/3b and let him rip.

dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

You guys think we could get Cole back in a Trade?   I'd offer Jason Martin, Moran, Feliz, and Joe Musgrove.    Stros woul be crazy not to take all that young talent!
rucker59@gmail.com

Kang back?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

707C7D262F262E23243B21160 wrote: If Kang can become an effective player again and avoid trouble things could get interesting. Moran was the key guy in the Cole trade and he's doing well so I don't see him losing the 3B job to Kang. When Kang works out in Pirate City, I wonder if he'll play 2B as well as 3B and SS. If Harrison gets dealt at the deadline, could Kang take over 2B? Mercer is a FA next year and is only 4 months younger than Kang. Could Kang take over SS? Could Kang become a super-sub and make Frazier or S-Rod expendable?
If Kang becomes a super sub I would guess they may send Frazier to Indy. I think the veteran presence of S Rod is too important to move him in mid season. I know his bat has not come around yet, but his defensive play is very valuable, and I believe he is an example to the younger players on the team. The Bucs do not want to upset the chemistry of the team if they are still playing well if and when Kang returns.

And for that reason (and to avoid the total destruction of the remaining fan base) I see NO possibility that Harrison gets traded.

Mercer, maybe. But more likely Jung Ho would be utility this year and if things go well, play SS next year. I'm thinking his range is (or was) as good as Mercer?
rucker59@gmail.com

Kang back?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

50626E6E7A486B626F6A6562030 wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1804270139

Jung Ho Kang: 'I will not disappoint anyone anymore'

Bill Brink

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Apr 27, 2018

Jung Ho Kang apologized Friday and thanked Major League Baseball, the Pirates, fans, his lawyers and the U.S. government.

The statement released by the Pirates comes one day after the team announced that Kang received a work visa and re-entered the United States after more than a year of immigration issues stemming from a December 2016 DUI arrest in South Korea, his third such offense.

“After a long, painful process, I am excited to have a chance to return to the game that I have missed so much,” Kang said in the statement. “My focus is first on becoming the best person that I can be. Secondly, I look forward to getting to Pirate City and demonstrating that I am committed to doing whatever I can to get back to Pittsburgh and help the Pirates win.”

Prior to the visa issues, Kang agreed to the voluntary recommended treatment program from the joint treatment board he was required to appear before after his DUI. He will fulfill those obligations — the specifics of which are unknown — before reporting to the Pirates’ facility in Bradenton, Fla.

“I am very grateful to the U.S. government for giving me a second chance to demonstrate my pride in and appreciation for being allowed to continue my dream of playing Major League Baseball in the United States,” Kang said. “I am also thankful for the support of Major League Baseball, the Pirates, my teammates and our fans. Their strong support has been a driving force and motivation for me during the past year.”

Kang, 31, thanked his lawyers, Amy Maldonado and Javad Khazaeli, and Octagon Baseball, whose managing director, Alan Nero, is Kang’s agent.

“Most importantly, I want to apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the Pirates organization, Pirates fans and anyone else who has been negatively affected by my regretful actions,” Kang said. “I am deeply sorry.”

He ended the statement with, “I will not disappoint anyone anymore.”

Impressive statement.

I have my doubts he can still play MLB, but we'll see. I like the team right now. But all for anything that will improve the team. I think Moran is the 3rd base going forward.