Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7173696F791C0 wrote: Great news on Burdi. Strained biceps tendon, flexor mass. Rest but no surgery (per mlbtr)
That's great. What an awful moment that was.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

Post by IABucFan »

That's gotta be the best feeling in the world for a doctor.

With eyes downcast, and a very somber tone, "Come in here son. Why don't you have a seat, we'll talk about what's going on with your arm. I'm sorry to tell you, but it's not good."

Suddenly looks up and smiles a "Gotcha!" smile, "You have a strained tendon in your bicep. You'll need to rest it, but won't need surgery."

Burdi resumes crying, but tears of joy rather than of agony and sorrow.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

Post by Ecbucs »

090102352306212E400 wrote: That's gotta be the best feeling in the world for a doctor.

With eyes downcast, and a very somber tone, "Come in here son. Why don't you have a seat, we'll talk about what's going on with your arm. I'm sorry to tell you, but it's not good."

Suddenly looks up and smiles a "Gotcha!" smile, "You have a strained tendon in your bicep. You'll need to rest it, but won't need surgery."

Burdi resumes crying, but tears of joy rather than of agony and sorrow.

good post. I've never had a strained bicep and hope I never get one. He sure looked like he was in a lot of pain.
PMike

Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

Post by PMike »

63617B7D6B0E0 wrote: Great news on Burdi. Strained biceps tendon, flexor mass. Rest but no surgery (per mlbtr)

He's going back to the guy who did his TJ for a second opinion. Thinking optimistic thoughts for him.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Dbacks 4/22

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

475A7E7C72170 wrote: Great news on Burdi. Strained biceps tendon, flexor mass. Rest but no surgery (per mlbtr)

He's going back to the guy who did his TJ for a second opinion.  Thinking optimistic thoughts for him.

YEA! I’m really happy for the good news. And really surprised. I

Do think it’s still wise to get the 2nd opinion. Hopefully back within a couple weeks.