Bucs acquire Kela...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by MaineBucs »

Thank you Sammy, a much more succinct and grounded response than I would have provided.

I too am concerned about an overpay.
SammyKhalifa

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ken Rosenthal

Sources: #Brewers, #Braves, #Pirates all strongly in mix for Archer, with #Dodgers and others potentially lurking. If bidding is indeed as furious as it sounds, the #Rays have played this exactly right, taking it to the last day, trying to extract maximum value.
maher.timothy20@gm

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

That strikes me as a battle the Pirates aren't going to win.
dmetz

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by dmetz »

It's all about prospects.  If it were a FA signing I would agree we aren't winning that contest.  Rays are looking for talent so we have a chance if willing to part. 

We may even have a tiny edge since we raked their GM on Dickerson. May want a little face saving.

I highly doubt we get it, but it's not going to be because we don't have the horses
notes34

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by notes34 »

It sounds like Harvey could be plan B. I'm not impressed with that.
BucsFaninGA

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Tip of the old ERA Bucs Cap to No Deal Neal. Nice move in acquiring Kela. He should work out much better in front of Vasquez opposed to Kontos. Bullpen shaping up now with this deal. Kudos to Huntington for getting a controllable reliever for more than just this season. Beat'em Bucs 8-)
IABucFan

Bucs acquire Kela...

Post by IABucFan »

Figured I'd bump this to the first page. It's interesting to go back and reread these threads after the fact. I'm looking for the trade thread on this board announcing the Archer deal. I can't find it. If anyone knows where it might be, I'd like to read it.