Will heads roll?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Will heads roll?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

74694D4F41240 wrote: Now I'm one to think that most of the hurdle-aimed hatred is misguided armchair-quarterbacking minutiae.  People decide that his decisions wrong before they even hear what they are or what the reasons are.  I think that if you took a survey of 30 MLB fanbases leaguewide you'll find that about 29 1/2 of them have the same exact things to say about their managers.  I think people here will dislike the manager no matter who it is; and if CH makes a decision, then ipso facto it's the incorrect one and worthy of scorn. 

I'll stand by that, but with all that said when the team's fallen apart like it has since the ASB something must be happening (or not happening) behind the scenes.  I think it's totally possible he's gone after this year.  People act like nutting has never eaten a contract before.

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I also think that Hurdle gets persecuted for doing what the rest of the managers in MLB do (formulaic managing, holding the closer back for the save stat, etc).  I have long argued that he is just a good human being, keeps an even keel, and is a good manager of people.  I like that he doesn't get to high or too low.  However, a good manager finds away to not allow streaks like this.  A good manager doesn't lose 23 of 27.  There is no way that is acceptable.  This team isn't talented like other teams, but they absolutely aren't that bad.  This streak and the dismal baseball played on a nightly basis is largely on Hurdle.  He's the boss.  It falls on him.

Like most sports fans, I may react to the moment but eventually calm down and come to a more reasoned and therefore less emotional position.

There are things I do not like about Clint. He comes across to be as very arrogant when he gets asked a question that he doesn’t like. I really dislike that.

He’s made some baseball move that left me shaking my head, but that will always be the case. Nothing unique, except for a couple decisions I consider inexcusable.

1) he really managed a lot of games where winning seemed to be put into prospective.  Might need this arm tomorrow. Or gotta keep the bench engaged.  Sure, maybe. But a win is always the right answer. 

2). His handling of Austin Meadows. Unless he was taking orders from above, there simply is no excuse.

3) most will disagree with me, but I HATED the decision to start Cole over AJ in game 5 verses the Cards.  Cole pitched well, weinright was better.  We’ll never know, but that decision eat at me for a year, especially when AJ signed with Philly.

I’m sure there are others. But the emotionless long term prospective is that a manager is only as good as his players and he didn’t have enough good players. It’s surprising to me the team has been as competitive over the years as it has been.

I think Clint will be a scape goat.

Not that a change is not the correct action, but he’s a scape goat compared to Neal and of course Nutting.
Ecbucs

Will heads roll?

Post by Ecbucs »

787F69616F783F334A6D676B6366246965670A0 wrote: Now I'm one to think that most of the hurdle-aimed hatred is misguided armchair-quarterbacking minutiae.  People decide that his decisions wrong before they even hear what they are or what the reasons are.  I think that if you took a survey of 30 MLB fanbases leaguewide you'll find that about 29 1/2 of them have the same exact things to say about their managers.  I think people here will dislike the manager no matter who it is; and if CH makes a decision, then ipso facto it's the incorrect one and worthy of scorn. 

I'll stand by that, but with all that said when the team's fallen apart like it has since the ASB something must be happening (or not happening) behind the scenes.  I think it's totally possible he's gone after this year.  People act like nutting has never eaten a contract before.

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I also think that Hurdle gets persecuted for doing what the rest of the managers in MLB do (formulaic managing, holding the closer back for the save stat, etc).  I have long argued that he is just a good human being, keeps an even keel, and is a good manager of people.  I like that he doesn't get to high or too low.  However, a good manager finds away to not allow streaks like this.  A good manager doesn't lose 23 of 27.  There is no way that is acceptable.  This team isn't talented like other teams, but they absolutely aren't that bad.  This streak and the dismal baseball played on a nightly basis is largely on Hurdle.  He's the boss.  It falls on him.

Like most sports fans, I may react to the moment but eventually calm down and come to a more reasoned and therefore less emotional position.

There are things I do not like about Clint. He comes across to be as very arrogant when he gets asked a question that he doesn’t like. I really dislike that.

He’s made some baseball move that left me shaking my head, but that will always be the case. Nothing unique, except for a couple decisions I consider inexcusable.

1) he really managed a lot of games where winning seemed to be put into prospective.  Might need this arm tomorrow. Or gotta keep the bench engaged.  Sure, maybe. But a win is always the right answer. 

2). His handling of Austin Meadows. Unless he was taking orders from above, there simply is no excuse.

3) most will disagree with me, but I HATED the decision to start Cole over AJ in game 5 verses the Cards.  Cole pitched well, weinright was better.  We’ll never know, but that decision eat at me for a year, especially when AJ signed with Philly.

I’m sure there are others.  But the emotionless long term prospective is that a manager is only as good as his players and he didn’t have enough good players. It’s surprising to me the team has been as competitive over the years as it has been.

I think Clint will be a scape goat. 

Not that a change is not the correct action, but he’s a scape goat compared to Neal and of course Nutting.

I am concerned that Clint will be the scapegoat (along with Searage).

If Clint goes NH has to go too.
rucker59@gmail.com

Will heads roll?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

61464D6E230 wrote: Does anyone know what share of the team Nutting owns?

Maybe the minority partners can prod him into doing something. At the very least, the media should be trying to contact them to see if they are OK with this.

I’d like to know this as well. And even more, I’d like to know what Bob has personally invested. I assume he received his fathers share by a gift. Regardless, I’m betting he’s personally into this for no more than $50 million,certainly less than $100M.

A cash cow that is now worth $1.1B.