Huntington Out

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Huntington Out

Post by SCBucco »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: I believe Nutting was sincere in describing the process by which CH, NH and FC were all let go but it shows how unprepared he was to overhaul the organization. He knew CH had to go and then NH conducted manager interviews. Then Coonelly was let go while  Nutting said he was quite satisfied with NH. But that should have been left to the new president. Williams obviously wanted NH gone ASAP. Which meant the manager interviews had wasted everyone's time since the candidates liked or disliked by NH could be quite opposite what the next GM will think. There was no need to rush the firing of CH prior to the final game. So there was no reason to rush the manager interviews by a GM who would shortly be fired by a new president who hadn't yet been named.

So I think Nutting was sincere in how he explained those 3 moves but also showed how those decisions were made with no appreciation of how subsequent hires would impact the process of replacing those people. It's like someone honestly and sincerely explaining something he did that was completely wrong.

You are completely ruining the narrative Bobster and I won't allow this. :D
Bobster21

Huntington Out

Post by Bobster21 »

5343427563636F000 wrote: I believe Nutting was sincere in describing the process by which CH, NH and FC were all let go but it shows how unprepared he was to overhaul the organization. He knew CH had to go and then NH conducted manager interviews. Then Coonelly was let go while  Nutting said he was quite satisfied with NH. But that should have been left to the new president. Williams obviously wanted NH gone ASAP. Which meant the manager interviews had wasted everyone's time since the candidates liked or disliked by NH could be quite opposite what the next GM will think. There was no need to rush the firing of CH prior to the final game. So there was no reason to rush the manager interviews by a GM who would shortly be fired by a new president who hadn't yet been named.

So I think Nutting was sincere in how he explained those 3 moves but also showed how those decisions were made with no appreciation of how subsequent hires would impact the process of replacing those people. It's like someone honestly and sincerely explaining something he did that was completely wrong.

You are completely ruining the narrative Bobster and I won't allow this.  :D