Board Vibe

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Board Vibe

Post by Surgnbuck »

736865646D616E000 wrote: I understand that the board would like to see less negativity.  We are all Pirate fans, some of us for many many years.  But. I am surprised that history seems to be repeating itself.  When Dave Littlefield was fired and Huntington was hired.  It was OK to take any and all shots at Littlefield, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Huntington because he is so much better.  Now that Huntington has been shown the door, the very same Huntington is fair game, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Cherington because he is so much better. Instead of criticizing the guy that is no longer here, I praise the Management for any move they make to make the team better and I criticize the Management when they do nothing to improve the team.  Improving the team is why they are here and what they are being paid for.  Cherington needs to stop kicking the can down the road and do his job.
________

When Huntington first came here, the story was that he will be different from Littlefield.  He will build the farm system, draft better, emphasize player development, and build from within.  Huntington wouldn't worry about winning a few more games this  year and that he would spend when the time was right.  The only thing that has changed now is the name of the GM is changed from Huntington to Cherington.  I will jump on the Cherington bandwagon the very moment in whatever year he does something to improve the team.

Now this is where you and I part paths. How the hell do you know if he has improved the team or not? By what insane measure are you using? And define "improve the team". If they win 79 games...does that count? Define it and own it.  In the mean time, you're having NH withdrawal. You've been saying the same stuff for so long, you don't know what else to say anymore.

Honestly, I'd like to know what you mean by he hasn't improved the team one bit. We need a yard stick here sir, not just rhetoric.

_________

Where we part ways is I believe in actions of the Management and you believe in their talk.  I believe "improvement" is when they bring in major league ball players to fill holes in the lineup.  Cherington did none of that this off season.  You accept them blubbering about player development, building the farm system, and spending when the time is right just like they did with Huntington. 

The ENTIRE LINEUP is a hole! You expected 25 free agents? I'm not accepting anything except reality. You're sitting on a different planet all together. LMAO, "fill them holes". They don't have a single player who would start for one of the top 6 teams in MLB!!!!

No, what I won't accept is talk like you're spouting, which is the same NH stuff. Never thought I'd see the day, Kovie praising NH.
WildwoodDave

Board Vibe

Post by WildwoodDave »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: I understand that the board would like to see less negativity.  We are all Pirate fans, some of us for many many years.  But. I am surprised that history seems to be repeating itself.  When Dave Littlefield was fired and Huntington was hired.  It was OK to take any and all shots at Littlefield, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Huntington because he is so much better.  Now that Huntington has been shown the door, the very same Huntington is fair game, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Cherington because he is so much better. Instead of criticizing the guy that is no longer here, I praise the Management for any move they make to make the team better and I criticize the Management when they do nothing to improve the team.  Improving the team is why they are here and what they are being paid for.  Cherington needs to stop kicking the can down the road and do his job.
________

When Huntington first came here, the story was that he will be different from Littlefield.  He will build the farm system, draft better, emphasize player development, and build from within.  Huntington wouldn't worry about winning a few more games this  year and that he would spend when the time was right.  The only thing that has changed now is the name of the GM is changed from Huntington to Cherington.  I will jump on the Cherington bandwagon the very moment in whatever year he does something to improve the team.

Now this is where you and I part paths. How the hell do you know if he has improved the team or not? By what insane measure are you using? And define "improve the team". If they win 79 games...does that count? Define it and own it.  In the mean time, you're having NH withdrawal. You've been saying the same stuff for so long, you don't know what else to say anymore.

Honestly, I'd like to know what you mean by he hasn't improved the team one bit. We need a yard stick here sir, not just rhetoric.

_________

Where we part ways is I believe in actions of the Management and you believe in their talk.  I believe "improvement" is when they bring in major league ball players to fill holes in the lineup.  Cherington did none of that this off season.  You accept them blubbering about player development, building the farm system, and spending when the time is right just like they did with Huntington. 

The ENTIRE LINEUP is a hole!  You expected 25 free agents? I'm not accepting anything except reality. You're sitting on a different planet all together.  LMAO, "fill them holes". They don't have a single player who would start for one of the top 6 teams in MLB!!!!

No, what I won't accept is talk like you're spouting, which is the same NH stuff. Never thought I'd see the day, Kovie praising NH.
who's Kovie?
shedman

Board Vibe

Post by shedman »

002621343D31263038530 wrote: I understand that the board would like to see less negativity.  We are all Pirate fans, some of us for many many years.  But. I am surprised that history seems to be repeating itself.  When Dave Littlefield was fired and Huntington was hired.  It was OK to take any and all shots at Littlefield, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Huntington because he is so much better.  Now that Huntington has been shown the door, the very same Huntington is fair game, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Cherington because he is so much better. Instead of criticizing the guy that is no longer here, I praise the Management for any move they make to make the team better and I criticize the Management when they do nothing to improve the team.  Improving the team is why they are here and what they are being paid for.  Cherington needs to stop kicking the can down the road and do his job.
________

_________

The ENTIRE LINEUP is a hole!  You expected 25 free agents? I'm not accepting anything except reality. You're sitting on a different planet all together.  LMAO, "fill them holes". They don't have a single player who would start for one of the top 6 teams in MLB!!!!

_______

What I am spouting is spending a similar amount of money as teams in market sizes like ours like Milwaukee and Cincinnati instead of kicking the can down the road until next year. Maybe then the baseball players union would stop filing grievances against them.
shedman

Board Vibe

Post by shedman »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: I understand that the board would like to see less negativity.  We are all Pirate fans, some of us for many many years.  But. I am surprised that history seems to be repeating itself.  When Dave Littlefield was fired and Huntington was hired.  It was OK to take any and all shots at Littlefield, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Huntington because he is so much better.  Now that Huntington has been shown the door, the very same Huntington is fair game, but nobody should dare criticize the new guy Cherington because he is so much better. Instead of criticizing the guy that is no longer here, I praise the Management for any move they make to make the team better and I criticize the Management when they do nothing to improve the team.  Improving the team is why they are here and what they are being paid for.  Cherington needs to stop kicking the can down the road and do his job.
________

_________

________

This board has been good to us newcomers and I don't think they like all of this bickering, so I will just say we have to agree to disagree and I won't comment on it any further.
Surgnbuck

Board Vibe

Post by Surgnbuck »

I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Board Vibe

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

032522373E3225333B500 wrote: I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)

He has no honor. You've seen him play golf.
shedman

Board Vibe

Post by shedman »

095F495D524858535E497B5C565A525715583B0 wrote: I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)

He has no honor.  You've seen him play golf.
________

At least I don't try to play par 5's from 420 yards.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Board Vibe

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

3A212C2D242827490 wrote: I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)

________

420 yards?  As I recall, each time we've played from that tee box, you've had to hit your third shot from about 100 yards out.  I'm just trying to give you a chance to make a rare par.
DemDog

Board Vibe

Post by DemDog »

0A5C4A5E514B5B505D4A785F55595154165B380 wrote: I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)

________

420 yards?  As I recall, each time we've played from that tee box, you've had to hit your third shot from about 100 yards out.  I'm just trying to give you a chance to make a rare par.

And he probably needs a 40' gimmy putt to do that! ;D
shedman

Board Vibe

Post by shedman »

66474F664D45220 wrote: I see your point. I wasn't bickering. But they don't know that. I just wanted to pin you down, in case I had to defend your honor later ;)

________

And he probably needs a 40' gimmy putt to do that!   ;D

_______

Everybody in the world, except 2 people, knows that a gimmee putt is when it is within the leather.