Pennies should be worried . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Well, excuuuuuse me. I didn't know I had to be Wiiliam F. Buckley on here. :)

I think it's more a case about not having any games or players to complain about.

Somebody's gotta come up with a 3-D printer (and come up with some virtual BASEBALL.

Of course, we'd have to explain what 3-D printing is to some people....
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5D787B7B6E4578707265170 wrote: I see where Shelton is volunteering to take a pay cut and it is referenced that Cherington and other top office executives would also be required to. That would be classic Nutting to have guys he just hired take a pay cut while he sits on his billions.

I don’t see how anyone with choices would choose to work here.

Look at it like an extended rehab assignment. No pressure to win. If you do well, cash in later with someone else.

If you like riding Inclines, you can't beat it!
BenM

Post by BenM »

I wonder what the league's projection for next year's attendance are. (If they have them.)

They won't have ticket revenue from this year, but I there's a real possibility that 2021 will be noticeably lower than 2019.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

BOB probably knows to the penny the relationship between payroll, winning percentage ranges, and Attendance. 

But, it's not really Attendance that drives any bus.  Joe and Jane Lunchbucket don't matter nearly as much as the CEOs who buy those boxes and group outings.   That's where the "attendance" money is. They also pay for sponsorships/advertising. We don't.

Some fans love the "play the kids" line nearly as much as BOB loves hearing it. 

I would think that attendance would be down some, but not sure how much.  I think it will depend more on what type of start the season gets off to.  Remember that in 2019, the fade began somewhere near the ASG.  It's not as if 2019's was all that high.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

1A3B331A31395E0 wrote: How certain are you that this was a phone conversation?  Could they have done it by TELEGRAPH?   ;))))

This reply is so lame I feel like deleting it!  But then again you must be having the dreaded stay at home disease!   :P

I am sure that you will have ample time to delete some of Weenies posts in the near future. :D
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

576275757E4775757E7975100 wrote: Well, excuuuuuse me.  I didn't know I had to be Wiiliam F. Buckley on here.  :)

I think it's more a case about not having any games or players to complain about. 

Somebody's gotta come up with a 3-D printer (and come up with some virtual BASEBALL.

Of course, we'd have to explain what 3-D printing is to some people....
You have been called many things but but a William F. Buckley isn't one of them
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

T.F.D.S.!!!

I dont know what's worse:

A. When the Bucs aren't playing (like now) and we look for things to kill time,

Or

B. When they ARE. ;)