2020 Predictions Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

2020 Predictions Thread

Post by shedman »

0F07043325002728460 wrote: 20-40...and I actually think I'm being generous. I could honestly see them going 15-45. I think this team is absolutely atrocious. I see no reason for optimism among this group. I think Fangraphs has them at 27-33. No way. Below average everywhere but 1B/DH...backups at CF and C. The other "starters" wouldn't start for most big league teams. Rotation is a joke. Bullpen is the only thing that makes the rotation look semi-respectable. And that’s not a compliment. It’s like saying, “Next to the asteroid taking out our planet, this whole COVID thing ain’t half bad.” (Bonus points if you have “killer asteroid” on your Hunger Games 2020 Bingo card). Like I said...20-40, but I honestly think it will be closer to 17-43. If everything breaks wrong, and let's be honest...when DOESN'T it break wrong with this team...they could lose 45.
______

Well, we may lose 45 games, but at least Cherington will get to see what he has.
2drfischer@gmail.c

2020 Predictions Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

746F62636A6669070 wrote: 20-40...and I actually think I'm being generous. I could honestly see them going 15-45. I think this team is absolutely atrocious. I see no reason for optimism among this group. I think Fangraphs has them at 27-33. No way. Below average everywhere but 1B/DH...backups at CF and C. The other "starters" wouldn't start for most big league teams. Rotation is a joke. Bullpen is the only thing that makes the rotation look semi-respectable. And that’s not a compliment. It’s like saying, “Next to the asteroid taking out our planet, this whole COVID thing ain’t half bad.” (Bonus points if you have “killer asteroid” on your Hunger Games 2020 Bingo card). Like I said...20-40, but I honestly think it will be closer to 17-43. If everything breaks wrong, and let's be honest...when DOESN'T it break wrong with this team...they could lose 45.
______

Well, we may lose 45 games, but at least Cherington will get to see what he has.

Glad you're starting to see the light.
IABucFan

2020 Predictions Thread

Post by IABucFan »

I’d like to revise my prediction. There’s no way this team wins 20 games. No chance. 15-45. Even that might be pushing it. I honestly don’t know if they’d win the International League. They’re going to finish ST, or whatever we’re calling it, 3-18. How in the *^%# do you go 3-18? Even not trying, you should still lick your way to seven or eight wins. In a full season, this team would be an absolute lock to lose 100.