Trade Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Trade Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Forget any trade of Kela he is on the IL.
MaineBucs

Trade Rumors

Post by MaineBucs »

Pirates should realize that Kela has no value to the team. And, other team's interest in him will be even lower than normal because of his current injury in a string of unending injuries.

If I were BC, I would offer him to any team that is willing to take a flyer, and I will agree to pay all of his remaining salary for the year in the hope that this approach could yield some modest form of prospect return. The Bucs are paying his salary anyway while he is injured, so why not just call it a sunk cost while still trying to recover some value.

While I know that the Bucs don't have a lot to offer in trades, BC needs to be aggressive in trying to inject some other blood into the organization. Teams are looking for relievers, so Rodriguez may be one of his better trade chips. The team has an abundance of middle infielders, see if there is any interest in Frazier as a multi-positional reserve for another team. If someone wants Holland or Williams (I would hold onto Kuhl), make it happen.

I don't expect anything of any great import to happen between now and September 1, but there appear to be opportunities that BC could explore.
UtahPirate

Trade Rumors

Post by UtahPirate »

7671607360313C050 wrote: T Walker just traded to Toronto. Probably puts an end to the Kuhl or Williams rumors.

Also of note, since the Blue Jay prospect(s) was not on the current 60-man group, their name doesn't need to be announced till later - the infamous PTBNL.

If we swing any trades, I doubt we'll see any prospect on the teams 60-man. PTBNL's are extra boring in a year we could at least use the excitement of speculating on how they might help us in the future.
skinnyhorse

Trade Rumors

Post by skinnyhorse »

3264726669736368657240676D61696C2E63000 wrote: "Why wouldn't you rather have the club spend say, $125 million in payroll, like other similar market clubs have all done, and get real free agents who can get that record up to 92-70?  I thought you loved the Pirates and wanted them to win a World Series."

______

Absolutely, I want to see them spend $125 million in 2020 and then another $125 million in 2021 and another $125 million in 2022.  If some player acquired in 2020 is gone in 2021 and replaced by another player of equal ability and/or salary in 2021, I am OK with it.  [highlight]However, I am not in favor of spending $60 million in 2020 and $62 million in 2021, and $65 million in 2022[/highlight] with the promise that we will spend $125 million sometime in the undefined future when some prospect/suspect gets here.

You're the only once who's ever expressed a desire to do that, actually, with your demands that BC "do something".  You complain about every bottom-of-the-barrel free agent signed by another team, who's best years are behind him, whining that the Pirates should've signed him.  Why waste time on those guys and, instead, sign the real free agents?  I just don't understand you.
Spending money on free agents is a fools folly.  The only free agent worth anything is a free agent who became a free agent because a young stud made him available.  The rest are overpriced jerks or have agents that are giving bad advice.  The only way to have a sustained winner is to build through the draft and supplement them with a few free agents.  You must develop a core through drafting maybe a great trade and a couple of free agents.  Anything else is a fools folly.  So if BC drafting is poor then he has to go sooner than later.  These are just facts.  I'm afraid Josh Bell is another Pedro Alverez with the same agent.  A splash in the plan but not  a real athelete can't play defense, and now pitchers has his number.  I'd sooner hold on to Polanco than him, sorry Bobster but I think he's probably a all round better person than JB. Can't stand the just crawled out from under the bridge look.
Bobster21

Trade Rumors

Post by Bobster21 »

71696B6C6C7B6A6D707167020 wrote: "Why wouldn't you rather have the club spend say, $125 million in payroll, like other similar market clubs have all done, and get real free agents who can get that record up to 92-70?  I thought you loved the Pirates and wanted them to win a World Series."

______

Absolutely, I want to see them spend $125 million in 2020 and then another $125 million in 2021 and another $125 million in 2022.  If some player acquired in 2020 is gone in 2021 and replaced by another player of equal ability and/or salary in 2021, I am OK with it.  [highlight]However, I am not in favor of spending $60 million in 2020 and $62 million in 2021, and $65 million in 2022[/highlight] with the promise that we will spend $125 million sometime in the undefined future when some prospect/suspect gets here.

You're the only once who's ever expressed a desire to do that, actually, with your demands that BC "do something".  You complain about every bottom-of-the-barrel free agent signed by another team, who's best years are behind him, whining that the Pirates should've signed him.  Why waste time on those guys and, instead, sign the real free agents?  I just don't understand you.
Spending money on free agents is a fools folly.  The only free agent worth anything is a free agent who became a free agent because a young stud made him available.  The rest are overpriced jerks or have agents that are giving bad advice.  The only way to have a sustained winner is to build through the draft and supplement them with a few free agents.  You must develop a core through drafting maybe a great trade and a couple of free agents.  Anything else is a fools folly.  So if BC drafting is poor then he has to go sooner than later.  These are just facts.  I'm afraid Josh Bell is another Pedro Alverez with the same agent.  A splash in the plan but not  a real athelete can't play defense, and now pitchers has his number.  I'd sooner hold on to Polanco than him, sorry Bobster but I think he's probably a all round better person than JB.  Can't stand the just crawled out from under the bridge look.
I'm not a big fan of either Polanco or Bell. I think Polanco is the superior athlete but has too many holes in his game from lack of understanding or dedication to learning the game or whatever has caused this. Bell is just a big strong guy with a jerky looking swing who can't throw or do much hitting other than an occasional long ball. It's distressing that the prospects that the Pirates expect so much of are so limited in their abilities. They can trade them both AFAIC.
NJBucsFan

Trade Rumors

Post by NJBucsFan »

And so it begins. Dyson to the White Sox for international bonus pool space. I suppose you take anything you can get for him, though a Primanti's sandwich as a throw in would have been nice.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/ ... e-sox.html
MaineBucs

Trade Rumors

Post by MaineBucs »

The trade of Dyson is encouraging. Dyson had been receiving way too much playing time.

Also, the slot money may turn out to have more value than acquiring someone who was likely a non-prospect.
Javy

Trade Rumors

Post by Javy »

Glad to see him go. Anything they would have gotten for him was a plus IMO.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Trade Rumors

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5E727A7D7651667060130 wrote: The trade of Dyson is encouraging.  Dyson had been receiving way too much playing time.   

Also, the slot money may turn out to have more value than acquiring someone who was likely a non-prospect.

Couldn't agree more.  When we see teams around baseball sign brilliant players from the Caribbean who are in the major leagues at such a young age, performing at a high level, I'm all for Cherington getting as much money as he can for a player of little worth to use to extract talent from that part of the world.
maher.timothy20@gm

Trade Rumors

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Gonna be an awesome tribute video when Dyson returns to PNC as a visitor.