What Move do the Pirates need to make?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I been thinking since the trade of Josh Bell that the Pirates need to add some offense to the lineup. I am sure this free agent signing will not happen, but they should make an offer to Eddie Rosario. He is a lefty hitter which would play well at PNC Park, he has a history with Derek Shelton since he played with the Twins. I would guess if they signed him there would be very little difference between his stats and those of Josh Bell. Another positive is that he is 29 years old, and if he was having a productive 2021 he would be an ideal player to flip at the deadline for players to add to their depth.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: I been thinking since the trade of Josh Bell that the Pirates need to add some offense to the lineup. I am sure this free agent signing will not happen, but they should make an offer to Eddie Rosario. He is a lefty hitter which would play well at PNC Park, he has a history with Derek Shelton since he played with the Twins. I would guess if they signed him there would be very little difference between his stats and those of Josh Bell. Another positive is that he is 29 years old, and if he was having a productive 2021 he would be an ideal player to flip at the deadline for players to add to their depth.

he would be an improvement, I doubt if Bucs will go for him but I'm sure there will be some additions by spring training.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Duvall would ne a nice addition, but lower your expectations. Everyone knows where this offseason is headed; the 2021 season is headed and who will not only have the first pick in the 21 draft, but 22. We will probably have a payroll close to 20 million if Nutting has his way.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

From MLBTRs

Pirates-Indians Showed Past Trade Interest in Alejandro Kirk

Looks like he is a hitter and can handle the catching position but it looks like at 5' 8" and 265 he will need to roll around the bases rather than run.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I expect Trevor Williams to be back as the big free agent signing this off season.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Guy's built like Lavalliere at the end of the line.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm glad i don't sit behind home plate when that guy squats down.  ;)

I can see it now.  He catches the ball, but rolls over backwards, taking out the batter, the ump, and the batting cage.  :(
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

7045525259605252595E52370 wrote: I'm glad i don't sit behind home plate when that guy squats down.  ;)

I can see it now.  He catches the ball, but rolls over backwards, taking out the batter, the ump, and the batting cage.  :(

I can see it now. If only we could get BOB to sit in the same seat behind HP that McClatchy did when he was the top owner and Kirk takes Weenie's idea to heart and he bulldozers BOB our worries would be gone! :D :D :D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

As Shed likes to say, "Now yer cookin.'"
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

645146464D7446464D4A46230 wrote: As Shed likes to say, "Now yer cookin.'"

I'm so glad you approve! ;) ;)