Oneil Cruz involved in accident in the DR

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1A31302D362E371B2C3A3A36590 wrote: has Cruz been cleared of any wrongdoing?

I'm seeing that he is playing winter ball in the DR with Polanco right now

And he is hitting and fielding like Polanco. Get him away from Polanco.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Can't. Polanco's his driver.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

684E495C55594E58503B0 wrote: Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

I'll volunteer to be that guy.

People should have taken your advice.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

193E37373E2D2E3E192E385B0 wrote: Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

Just wondering, since I heard that Cruz may play some outfield in ST, could his best position in the long run be as a DH. I am sure after the next labor agreement the DH will become universal. Cruz does have a strong arm to play right field, but possibly being the fulltime DH would be the best fit for him. It will be interesting to see as to what the Pirates do with him. In my opinion with all the players who can play shortstop in the organization he will not see time at short.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5A56570C050C04090E110B3C0 wrote: Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

Just wondering, since I heard that Cruz may play some outfield in ST, could his best position in the long run be as a DH. I am sure after the next labor agreement the DH will become universal. Cruz does have a strong arm to play right field, but possibly being the fulltime DH would be the best fit for him. It will be interesting to see as to what the Pirates do with him. In my opinion with all the players who can play shortstop in the organization he will not see time at short.

since he has played shortstop for so long, I think at this stage he must be a very good athlete and making him a mostly dh a waste of talent. He needs to fail at a couple defensive positions before that happens (third, right and first most likely).
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

I want to see the kid get a full season in for once . To many injuries.

This guy seems overhyped to me . The production with the bat is just not there .

I guess he will start at AAA this year but he never got much time in AA. :-/

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

So far in ST Cruz has not done very much at the plate. I believe he has one hit in about 17 at bats. Due to covid there was no minor league games last year which has hindered his development, but I hope whether he starts in Altoona or Indy this year he performs well. If he does struggle that would be a setback for the Pirates future.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Start him in Altoona and let him dominate for half the season and then move him to AAA. He has to grow into his long body not unlike Polanco.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7874752E272E262B2C33291E0 wrote: So far in ST Cruz has not done very much at the plate. I believe he has one hit in about 17 at bats. Due to covid there was no minor league games last year which has hindered his development, but I hope whether he starts in Altoona or Indy this year he performs well. If he does struggle that would be a setback for the Pirates future.

The Pirates future is still 2-3 years away. If Cruz takes a year to get caught up, it shouldn't present a problem.