Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by Bobster21 »

414443454D475E434A595F522B0 wrote: I thought Glasnow looked pretty good overall, at least compared to what he looked like when he was pitching for us.  He seems a lot more comfortable on a major league mound now, and his control was a lot better, especially of his off-speed stuff.  It should be interesting to see what his results are this year.  I'll still root for him to succeed (except when he pitches against us), although that's at least partly just so his success can remind management of how bad a trade that really was.  Hopefully, when Cherington adds players, its for active talent and not past talent and name value.
When I've watched Glasnow pitch in the regular season for Tampa he works the top of the zone, gets ahead, and blows his FB past batters. The Pirates wanted him to stay low in the zone and and he couldn't throw strikes that way and after he walked batters and fell behind on others, they sat back on the FB and hit it.

His outing the other day against the Pirates was odd because at times he looked dominating getting 7 of his 12 outs on Ks with only 1 BB but also was touched for 6 hits and 4 runs including a HR. He had 2 good innings and 2 bad innings. Of course we never know if a pitcher in ST is working batters the same way he would once the season begins. So it's hard to draw conclusions. I sure hope Keller isn't going to be as bad once the season begins as he's been in ST.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

627974757C707F110 wrote: How about:

1. Will Polanco lead the team in HR's.

2. Will Polanco lead the team in RBI's.

3. Will Polanco bat .250.

4. Will Polanco be salary dumped at the trade deadline.

I'm hoping the answer to each of those questions is a big fat "yes".