Official Game Thread - 4/7 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

54727560696572646C070 wrote: Why are they pulling kuhl? He needs stretched out and his pitch count isn't that high
Shelton is playing it like it's a close game. He PH for Kuhl in the 5th with a runner at 1B and 2 outs as if he needed to try to get that run in. Then in the bottom of the 5th trailing 6-0 with Reds at 2B and 3B he plays the infield in as if the risk of allowing both runners to score on a pop up over the infield or a grounder the drawn in fielders can't get to is worth it to try to prevent it from becoming 7-0. Having the infield drawn in is risky but necessary in a close game in the later innings. Not when it's 6-0 in the 5th.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7A575A4B4C5D4A0A09380 wrote: Why are they pulling kuhl? He needs stretched out and his pitch count isn't that high
Shelton is playing it like it's a close game. He PH for Kuhl in the 5th with a runner at 1B and 2 outs as if he needed to try to get that run in. Then in the bottom of the 5th trailing 6-0 with Reds at 2B and 3B he plays the infield in as if the risk of allowing both runners to score on a pop up over the infield or a grounder the drawn in fielders can't get to is worth it to try to prevent it from becoming 7-0. Having the infield drawn in is risky but necessary in a close game in the later innings. Not when it's 6-0 in the 5th.

he wants the team to practice just in case they get in a close game someday.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

446964757263743437060 wrote: Why are they pulling kuhl? He needs stretched out and his pitch count isn't that high
Shelton is playing it like it's a close game. He PH for Kuhl in the 5th with a runner at 1B and 2 outs as if he needed to try to get that run in. Then in the bottom of the 5th trailing 6-0 with Reds at 2B and 3B he plays the infield in as if the risk of allowing both runners to score on a pop up over the infield or a grounder the drawn in fielders can't get to is worth it to try to prevent it from becoming 7-0. Having the infield drawn in is risky but necessary in a close game in the later innings. Not when it's 6-0 in the 5th. And what’s even more annoying he used Reynolds to pinch hit for him. If you’re gonna not start Reynolds at all today in a game you need to win to avoid a sweep then give him the entire game off and don’t give him one at bat when you are down 5-0 and the game is still out of reach. Little things like this annoy me about Shelton so far.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

755352455343300 wrote: Why are they pulling kuhl? He needs stretched out and his pitch count isn't that high

he wants the team to practice just in case they get in a close game someday.
Maybe he went to the Lloyd McClendon school of "I'm going to make every move I've ever seen a manager make whether it's relevant or not."
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Another thing I love about the Pirates, this one you could see coming from a mile away.

Games don't matter:

Newman .700
Frazier .600

Games matter:

Newman .190
Frazier .167

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

How nice of Joe Block to take the time to explain in detail to us the concept of the double switch. Gee, how could we ever follow a game without him explaining everything to us?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I sound like a broken record saying this but call Todd Frazier up in time for the opener tomorrow and get his bat in the lineup somewhere. This team needs offense right now with Hayes out and it will at least improve their chances of maybe scoring some runs. The best lineup the Pirates can run out everyday until Hayes comes back is this.

A Frazier 2nd
Reynolds CF
Moran 1st/3rd
T Frazier 1st/3rd
Evans LF
Newman SS
Polanco RF
Stallings C
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Evans with the grenade defense again, another run scores
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Evans with the grenade defense again, another run scores
Just turned game on.(9-0) just turned game off. What an embarrassment. It was previously mentioned how many series would the Pirates win? I believe someone said 7. Arte you kidding me?!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bednar gives up back to back HR's. He's finally a Pirate