Official Game Thread - 6/20 - Bob's Stooges vs The Tribe

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

083D2A2A21182A2A21262A4F0 wrote: If they had signed Duvall, where do you think they'd be in the standings right now?

BTW, if Polanco wasn't such dead weight, they'd actually have Marte. I'm sure they'd have rather kept him and dumped Polanco.

Ka'ai Tom is the only player on the team worse than Polanco, and that's just barely.
_______

Who cares where they would be in the standing right now so long as they are improving the team 1 player at a time.  Duvall would have fit that bill and he was affordable.
They have improved the team demonstrably at one position already- first base

And, they're playing a LMG at third base, he's an upgrade over the previous third baseman, who is now our first baseman.

Two spots improved.

SS- same as last year

2B- same as last year

C- same as last year

LF-worse

CF-better

RF-worse

SP- same

RP- same

Record: So far improved

what was it you were saying?

You're giving Cherington credit for first and third?  Weren't those Huntington guys?  I've read how Huntington messed the team up so badly that we had to get rid of him.  Which is it? 
RIF. Shed asked for one position that has been improved. I brought up 2.

I see you had to jump in for a spin.

BTW, is their record better right now then last year or not? That was what you and Shed demonstratively said needed to be done for BC to be considered a success this year. Unless you, you know, CHANGE your tune (i.e. "move the goalposts")

How it happens matters not. That's the kind of kwrap you love saying. He asked for something, he was shown something.

Let him lose his own battles, no need for you to go down on his ship.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

So, the bottom line is, that our improved record is courtesy of Huntington while Cherington can take credit for the Myrtle Beach Mosquitos or something. Meanwhile, the Pittsburgh Pirates aren't doing very well.
shedman

Post by shedman »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: If they had signed Duvall, where do you think they'd be in the standings right now?

BTW, if Polanco wasn't such dead weight, they'd actually have Marte. I'm sure they'd have rather kept him and dumped Polanco.

Ka'ai Tom is the only player on the team worse than Polanco, and that's just barely.
_______

Who cares where they would be in the standing right now so long as they are improving the team 1 player at a time.  Duvall would have fit that bill and he was affordable.

And, they're playing a LMG at third base, he's an upgrade over the previous third baseman, who is now our first baseman.

Two spots improved.

SS- same as last year

2B- same as last year

C- same as last year

LF-worse

CF-better

RF-worse

SP- same

RP- same

You're giving Cherington credit for first and third?  Weren't those Huntington guys?  I've read how Huntington messed the team up so badly that we had to get rid of him.  Which is it? 
RIF.  Shed asked for one position that has been improved. I brought up 2.

BTW, is their record better right now then last year or not? That was what you and Shed demonstratively said needed to be done for BC to be considered a success this year.  Unless you, you know, CHANGE your tune (i.e. "move the goalposts")

How it happens matters not. That's the kind of kwrap you love saying. He asked for something, he was shown something.

________

No, no positions were improved except in your vivid imagination and you are losing the battle.
shedman

Post by shedman »

002621343D31263038530 wrote: If they had signed Duvall, where do you think they'd be in the standings right now?

_______

Two spots improved.

SS- same as last year

2B- same as last year

C- same as last year

LF-worse

CF-better

RF-worse

SP- same

RP- same

RIF.  Shed asked for one position that has been improved. I brought up 2.

BTW, is their record better right now then last year or not? That was what you and Shed demonstratively said needed to be done for BC to be considered a success this year.  Unless you, you know, CHANGE your tune (i.e. "move the goalposts")

_________

I beat you at golf and you quit that, I beat you at Fantasy Baseball and you quit that, now I am beating you at posting, are you going to quit that too?
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

D-backs 5, Brewers 1. Streak ends at 17.