Official Game Thread - 7/18 - Bucs vs Mutts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: Okay, when is enough enough?

He's walking guys left and right. He's getting scorched every time they put the bat on the ball.

single, single, HR, walk.....and now Alonso up
Doesn't have it today- get him out
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: That whole Mets fiasco is about to go by the wayside if the Pirates don't win this game.
Suddenly, having Hayes and Stallings on the bench resting doesn't seem like a good idea. If the Pirates had not scored 3 runs on the Mets' goof, they'd be losing 4-3. But Hayes only rested Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so he needed a day off today after playing Friday and Saturday.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Was it me, or did the top of the 4th seem like a century long? I kid you not, I made my kid lunch, I washed dishes while it was heating up, I made coffee, and came back down and the inning was still going.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

745954454253440407360 wrote: That whole Mets fiasco is about to go by the wayside if the Pirates don't win this game.
Suddenly, having Hayes and Stallings on the bench resting doesn't seem like a good idea. If the Pirates had not scored 3 runs on the Mets' goof, they'd be losing 4-3. But Hayes only rested Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so he needed a day off today after playing Friday and Saturday.
Stallings I get, Hayes I don't. I know they wanted to find a way to keep Difo's bat in there. The answer to that is simple. Right field.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

need to get this Mets pitcher out of there in the fifth.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

These walks, as always, just keep killing us.
Corky

Post by Corky »

I’m watching this from Chambersburg and on AT&T Sports Net 843.

That call that was a fair ball and two runs scored was incredible. I certainly hope they pull out a win. At this time it’s only the 5th inning. Also, I think these announcers are the best among the three teams whose games I can watch.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Stratton trying to one up Brubaker with how much of a mess he can make out of things
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

220E130A18610 wrote: I’m watching this from Chambersburg and on AT&T Sports Net 843.

That call that was a fair ball and two runs scored was incredible. I certainly hope they pull out a win. At this time it’s only the 5th inning. Also, I think these announcers are the best among the three teams whose games I can watch.
Rojas and some of the Mets fans who keep yelling "fair ball" anytime anything is hit around the plate are going to be feeling really stupid when they see the ball was clearly fair.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Getting really tired of the Brownie & Fort Comedy Show. It would be nice if they focused more on the game and less on trying to make the audience or at least each other laugh. Sadly, the alternative is Joe Block, which is no alternative at all.