Shane Baz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Shane Baz

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

043126262D1426262D2A26430 wrote: I join with opinions regardless of who makes them.  I've agreed with Bobster on a number of matters, too.

What you wrote here speaks favorably of the franchise, in my opinion.  It's good for them to treat the most loyal fans well.

As for the rest, criticism is both fair and justified in many cases.  The record speaks for itself.
The baseball stuff is the baseball stuff. People who won't/can't/refuse to attend games at PNC have no business commenting on what goes on during a game. That's what I was referring to. IDK if the stuff I mentioned justifies his pay, the fan experience is only part of it.

Most of all, anyone who attended many games whether a STH or casual gate crasher, knows the difference with Williams. With FC, everything seemed to be about the buck. Like the tickets and prize wheel. But it was under FC that Legacy Square just up and disappeared without any public notice about it, or even why. Thankfully, Josh Gibson's grandson was able to track down the busts of the Negro League Legends that were displayed. There was an interactive setup also, so people could learn about the Negro Leagues. He literally vaporized it, and eventually a bar took over part of the area.

When Pepsi was a major sponsor, they had the Pepsi signs at the back of the Clemente Wall stands. When a Pirate hit a HR, they would spin and make like sparklers. Seems cheesy, but it was fun. When Pepsi was no longer a sponsor, the signs were up there minus the Pepsi logo. They no longer did the mini sparklers. Cost money.

I complained that the radio broadcast wasn't being piped into all the bathrooms all of a sudden. One of the workers told me that once a system failed, they didn't want to fix it. IDK how true that may have been, but it wouldn't surprise me if true.

They still have issues this season with staffing (what business doesn't it seems). The cashless thing has been a learning curve for the employees and fans alike, but each time it improves.

All tickets are digital, which I know upset a lot of fans, but that was an MLB initiative. Under FC, I had to pay extra to have paper tickets his last season for my season tickets. I didn't have to do that under Williams, just a small token of thanks to STH.

Who knows, maybe if the Pirates get good again, Williams will savagely look to squeeze every cent just like FC did.

See what happens when I COMPLIMENT the franchise? 

All I wrote was that i's good when a business does good things for its most loyal customers.  That's a general statement.

Someone has to take issue with that.

I stopped going to a restaurant when its menu changed and they had nothing on the menu that people watching sugar should eat much of.

I told a friend that I might go back if the menu changed.

But, I have no business making that comment because I no longer go to the restaurant?  OK.  That makes a lot of sense.

Well if that restaurant comes out with a new menu and you criticize it w/o giving it a chance, would that be fair criticism?  There are a few people on this board that want to criticize EVERYTHING associated with the organization even if its blatantly unfair (or even ridicules).   When that happens, NONE of the criticism seems fair.  A couple of folks on here, their responses are so obvious that their opinions sort of lose any substance.

Regarding this thread specifically: your comments regarding Williams revealed that you really don't have a clue about TW. But that didn't keep you from judging him as useless.

I can attest to what Surgnbuck said: at a minimum, STH can definitely see a difference.  I've been treated very differently this year, substantive stuff.   And as I mentioned somewhere recently, TW is not part of baseball operations so he's not suppose to be in the news.  FC was way too involved in the baseball and in the news.
GreenWeenie

Shane Baz

Post by GreenWeenie »

Yes.

If it's not healthy for me to enjoy what they offer on the menu, that is obviously a valid reason to question it.

It would be obvious that the owners don't see me as part of their market. 

Or, maybe they care.  Maybe it was something that they hadn't considered/an oversight and would think of adding things to their menu.

I can't count how often someone has asked for my opinion on businesses and I've said, "I've never been there, but I've heard good things about it." Tbis is the same thing. Someone just wrote his comment about what this Travis Williams guy has done- his opinion. I felt that it was good to hear. No more. No less. Then, it turned into some kind of debate.