Rocker - Leiter Early Comparison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

52554457441518210 wrote: ESPN2 will carry Vanderbilt's game Friday night. Nine o'clock. Leiter is scheduled to start.

My television schedule shows the Taxes game on espn 2 friday 9 eastern time. What am i missing ?

The schedule on their site has the Texas game on ESPNU now. Maybe the changed to show Leiter?

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming
steve49

Post by steve49 »

4F6863400D0 wrote: ESPN2 will carry Vanderbilt's game Friday night. Nine o'clock. Leiter is scheduled to start.

My television schedule shows the Taxes game on espn 2 friday 9 eastern time. What am i missing ?

The schedule on their site has the Texas game on ESPNU now. Maybe the changed to show Leiter?

I'll hunt around and hopefully it's on.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

7D5A51723F0 wrote: ESPN2 will carry Vanderbilt's game Friday night. Nine o'clock. Leiter is scheduled to start.

ESPN 2 is now showing the Vandy game as you said. Thanks as I would have never known its was on. I have been checking the SEC channel and did catch a Rocker start.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

What a difference a year makes. Last year we all wanted tank for Rocker, and now it is being reported the Mets will not sign him today at the deadline due a physical problem. That is a tough break for Rocker.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

5A56570C050C04090E110B3C0 wrote: What a difference  a year makes. Last year we all wanted tank for Rocker, and now it is being reported the Mets will not sign him today at the deadline due a physical problem. That is a tough break for Rocker.

Maybe the Pirates can draft him next year if they can’t get Green
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

63464545507B464E4C5B290 wrote: What a difference  a year makes. Last year we all wanted tank for Rocker, and now it is being reported the Mets will not sign him today at the deadline due a physical problem. That is a tough break for Rocker.

Maybe the Pirates can draft him next year if they can’t get Green

What what you wise for in Rocker. A Boras client and who knows he may need TJ surgery which makes him most likely unavailable in next yrs draft.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7B77762D242D25282F302A1D0 wrote: What a difference  a year makes. Last year we all wanted tank for Rocker, and now it is being reported the Mets will not sign him today at the deadline due a physical problem. That is a tough break for Rocker.

Wow wow wow.

This probably explains his inconsistency this year. Got to wonder if Vandy coaches knew or should have know but let him pitch for their season. Or maybe Boras told him to keep quiet. Or maybe he kept it to himself. If diagnosed last April he could be ready to pitch at least in the later part of the college season next year; mlb teams could get a good look. Instead, he will lose all of the college season, miss the draft entirely as a top prospect and lose any negotiating power.

Pirates might be able to get him in the 3rd or 4th round next year; somebody will take a chance on him, for a small fraction of what he would be worth free of Injuries.