Re: Official Game Thread - 8/1 - Phillies vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I guess Ponce will always have that 5IP 0R relief outing against the Brewers to tell his grandchildren about.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

557875646372652526170 wrote: I continue to wonder why there were ever high expectations for Keller. He isn't overpowering. Doesn't have a lot of movement on his pitches. And his command is poor. Even though walks were not their usual problem for him today, he was not locating his strikes where he wanted. Perez was often putting the glove low and Keller was throwing hittable strikes higher in the strike zone. Sometimes a good pitcher can have a bad game but you can still see why people think he has good stuff. But I watch Keller routinely fail with his lack of impressive pitches and think, 'well yeah, what would you expect?' He looks like someone who is just barely good enough to get called up for an occasional emergency start.
Barring some sudden epiphany, my feelings are Mitch Keller is going to be part of an enormous wave of organizational turnover after the season is over.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Difo with the Bucs third hit
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: I continue to wonder why there were ever high expectations for Keller. He isn't overpowering. Doesn't have a lot of movement on his pitches. And his command is poor. Even though walks were not their usual problem for him today, he was not locating his strikes where he wanted. Perez was often putting the glove low and Keller was throwing hittable strikes higher in the strike zone. Sometimes a good pitcher can have a bad game but you can still see why people think he has good stuff. But I watch Keller routinely fail with his lack of impressive pitches and think, 'well yeah, what would you expect?' He looks like someone who is just barely good enough to get called up for an occasional emergency start.
Barring some sudden epiphany, my feelings are Mitch Keller is going to be part of an enormous wave of organizational turnover after the season is over.
With so many to protect from the rule 5 draft, I can see about half of the current 26 man roster being moved.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Nogowski now 5-35 his last 10 games for a .143 average.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ponce picks up right where he left off, a lead off double to Harper who showed some serious hustle on that
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Phillies 12 hits, 8 of them doubles, Harper has three of them.

Glad they saved it all up for one game and didn't spread it around
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

8-1
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice hit for Park.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

the Bucs have gone this long without sweeping a series. Maybe they can go all season without sweeping a series.

I wonder how often that has happened?