Hoy Park

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Hoy Park

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5E454849404C432D0 wrote: All they're doing is watching and waiting to see how things turn out under BC.

Shedman still remembers being instructed to "wait and see" every offseason for some magical transformation only to then be told it's "time to move on" by an FO admirer or one of their bargain bin signings.

(e.g. Brendan Donnelly telling the "whole city of Pittsburgh" to get over the previous season or Chris Gomez getting paid to tell "the guys in the room" how great the new FO was.)

______

Exactly.  We can't critique Cherington because we have to wait and see.  Immediately after we are done waiting and seeing and he is fired, then it will be time to move on.  If you don't praise Cherington for every move he makes, then that makes you a bad guy.

To the contrary, I’d love to read your critique of BC. But a critique involves analysis and conclusion. If your analysis leads to a negative conclusion I’ve got no problem with that. You may alter my own critique and I may agree with you. Or maybe my critique will lead to a different conclusion. Then we have something worth while to debate during these long months of irrelevance.
Surgnbuck

Hoy Park

Post by Surgnbuck »

43666565705B666E6C7B090 wrote: It’s a small sampling; but so far he looks solid.

The Holmes trade may turn out to be another Ricardo Rincon/ Giles heist
Been a few more games. Park has been pretty solid. Definitely looking like a steal as each game passes
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

2621373F3126616D143339353D387A373B39540 wrote: I grow weary of people telling me how good the guy is when the results say otherwise.  No one knows how well we'll do in the future.  I assume we share hope of success. 

Thank you for making my point.  Seriously.

Yeah, seriously.  I don't recall saying that Cherington is a failure.

TTWIG with fanboys.  Say anything less than absolutely complimentary remarks and it's taken as the worst in the history of man.

Yeah, that’s exactly what us mean ol fanboys have done.  We’re going to have a meeting today to decide if we should issue you an apology. 

If you don’t like being thought of as unfairly negative maybe you should ask yourself why you might be though of in this way.  I’ve got no problem with anyone that is pessimistic (who can blame them) but to not give BC a chance before you declare him failed is simply unfair and sort of unpleasant.  Go back to the top of this thread and check out your pronouncements concerning Park, just as one example. 

Who's the guy s who are critical of everyone fom Polanco, Shelton, Block?

Every game.  No

Every half inning?

Certainly not me. I'm so negative.

I give my opinion.  Others give theirs.

How they're taken, I dont much care.

If one is critical of Shelton, I question why they're not questioning the hiring decision of the man who made it.

How much longer until the expiration date of The Huntington Excuse? 
johnfluharty

Hoy Park

Post by johnfluharty »

4B7E6969625B69696265690C0 wrote: I grow weary of people telling me how good the guy is when the results say otherwise.  No one knows how well we'll do in the future.  I assume we share hope of success. 

TTWIG with fanboys.  Say anything less than absolutely complimentary remarks and it's taken as the worst in the history of man.

Yeah, that’s exactly what us mean ol fanboys have done.  We’re going to have a meeting today to decide if we should issue you an apology. 

If you don’t like being thought of as unfairly negative maybe you should ask yourself why you might be though of in this way.  I’ve got no problem with anyone that is pessimistic (who can blame them) but to not give BC a chance before you declare him failed is simply unfair and sort of unpleasant.  Go back to the top of this thread and check out your pronouncements concerning Park, just as one example. 

Every game.  No

Every half inning?

Certainly not me.  I'm so negative.

If one is critical of Shelton, I question why they're not questioning the hiring decision of the man who made it.

Who's the last in-game manager that we actually liked though, really?
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

Possibly Tanner.

But, only for games that we won. ;))
Bobster21

Hoy Park

Post by Bobster21 »

053027272C1527272C2B27420 wrote: Possibly Tanner.

But, only for games that we won.  ;))
Tanner stunk 64 times in 1979! :D
ArnoldRothstein

Hoy Park

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Per Biertempfel Ka'ai Tom has been activated and DFA'd.
rucker59@gmail.com

Hoy Park

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

636661676F657C61687B7D70090 wrote: I grow weary of people telling me how good the guy is when the results say otherwise.  No one knows how well we'll do in the future.  I assume we share hope of success. 

Every game.  No

Every half inning?

If you’re talking about me I think you’ve got be mixed up with someone.  But I certainly get why anyone would be at a point they can fairly critique any of those three.  Me…I’ve decided to practice that old wise saying “if you can’t say anything nice…” cause I’m barely hanging on concerning one of the three (and it’s not Polanco or Shelton).  In fact I think the entire broadcast this year has been really bad - what’s the deal with all these “rookies” rotating through with Brownie?  Sheeze, can’t we at least have a major league broadcast team?

Regarding your last question and the NH excuse - given the route BC has to follow (nothing he can realistically do with the major league team), I think he has one more year to prepare to rollout a much improved major league team.  By 2023 the team should actually look like a team with a very good future.  By 2024 I’m expecting the team to be ready to be in contention for the playoffs.

And I should add - I expect the window to be open much longer than the three year run Neal had.    
johnfluharty

Hoy Park

Post by johnfluharty »

393E28202E397E720B2C262A2227652824264B0 wrote: I grow weary of people telling me how good the guy is when the results say otherwise.  No one knows how well we'll do in the future.  I assume we share hope of success. 

Every game.  No

Every half inning?

If you’re talking about me I think you’ve got be mixed up with someone.  But I certainly get why anyone would be at a point they can fairly critique any of those three.  Me…I’ve decided to practice that old wise saying “if you can’t say anything nice…” cause I’m barely hanging on concerning one of the three (and it’s not Polanco or Shelton).  In fact I think the entire broadcast this year has been really bad - what’s the deal with all these “rookies” rotating through with Brownie?  Sheeze, can’t we at least have a major league broadcast team?

Regarding your last question and the NH excuse - given the route BC has to follow (nothing he can realistically do with the major league team), I think he has one more year to prepare to rollout a much improved major league team.  By 2023 the team should actually look like a team with a very good future.  By 2024 I’m expecting the team to be ready to be in contention for the playoffs.

And I should add - I expect the window to be open much longer than the three year run Neal had.     

Not you specifically, which is why I put we. As a board - and it's part of fans really but I can we tend to not like the in-game manager almost without exception. If we're winning I guess then we like him (or just more likely to overlook perceived mistakes) and when we're losing we don't.
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: Possibly Tanner.

But, only for games that we won.  ;))
Tanner stunk 64 times in 1979!  :D

Yep.  What about the announcers?  There HAD to be at least one who stunk all of the time.  ;))))

Does Chuck's Stink Quotient happen to include the Pist-Season losses? We must be precise with these things.