Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's how I remembered him. MaWeenie had his LPs, and we watched the show.

If you look closely, that's WWD three rows back. ;)

If this Miller kid makes the majors, I wonder if he'll grow the Mitch Miller Goatee? I would, but I'm that kind of guy. Gotta have fun.

If you can't be good, at least be interesting enough to watch. He'll have all the folks at The Home cheering for him.

Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

685D4A4A41784A4A41464A2F0 wrote: That's how I remembered him.  MaWeenie had his LPs, and we watched the show.

If you look closely, that's WWD three rows back.  ;)

If this Miller kid makes the majors, I wonder if he'll grow the Mitch Miller Goatee?  I would, but I'm that kind of guy.  Gotta have fun.

If you can't be good, at least be interesting enough to watch.  He'll have all the folks at The Home cheering for him.
It should be mandatory. And he should also have to play in a black suit instead of the uniform.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Two Stoopid Thoughts Of The Day:

1. Somewhere on earth, there's a person who has "I post Mitch Miller videos on YouTube" on their resume, thinking "I hate my job. No one is ever going to watch these things."

2. Somebody at the The Mitch Miller Estate is ecstatic, wondering why their Google Analytics royalty check is so high. Used to be $0.11.
rucker59@gmail.com

Off Season Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: Sing Along With Mitch.  ;)
Here's some video on Mitch Miller.  ;D

Yeesh.....these guys make Liberace look like Rambo in comparison
:D :D :D

WHOA…. That vid is Disturbing!  ;D

:D :D
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm no pitching coach or doctor, but I gotta wonder if this Mitch Miller kid might have some elbow stiffness.  I hope Ben checked him out.
mouse

Off Season Thread

Post by mouse »

Talk about inflation - a game ticket to a Dodgers game has gone up from $1.75 to $480,000 - and for a game already played - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/333 ... tches-468k
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

All I wanna know is THIS:  How much money does one have to have so that they can afford to pay nearly $1/2 million for something like that?

After paying their mortgage (if they even have one,) utilities, taxes, you name it, they still had $1/2 million laying around looking for something to do.

Must be nice. 

Probably BOB.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

0C392E2E251C2E2E25222E4B0 wrote: All I wanna know is THIS:  How much money does one have to have so that they can afford to pay nearly $1/2 million for something like that?

After paying their mortgage (if they even have one,) utilities, taxes, you name it, they still had $1/2 million laying around looking for something to do.

Must be nice. 

Probably BOB.
Well, his dad was an attorney and he said his dad always looked out for him, so sounds like he was already set before becoming an adult. Kudos to them.

I have a Pokey Reese bobblehead, I wonder what that might fetch some day.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

That was the guy who was selling MJ's ticket.  I was asking about the guy who bought Robinson's.

I'm afraid that there's not as much of a market for a Pokey Reese bobblehead, just like there probably isn't much of a market for Pokey Reese.  But, you never know.  All you need is one potential buyer.

Maybe there's one guy out there who'd have a complete set, BUT the dog chewed up his Pokey Reese.  That's the person or dog you need to go for and dangle it in front of him. 
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

14323520292532242C470 wrote: All I wanna know is THIS:  How much money does one have to have so that they can afford to pay nearly $1/2 million for something like that?

Must be nice. 

Probably BOB.
Well, his dad was an attorney and he said his dad always looked out for him, so sounds like he was already set before becoming an adult. Kudos to them.

I have a Pokey Reese bobblehead, I wonder what that might fetch some day.
MLB first power rankings are out- Bucs are #29, Orioles are #30=obviously not surprising