The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ken Griffey Jr. presented the Larry Doby award for the Future Game's MVP, and let me just say, he's looking quite chunky.

Heidi Watney, who I adore on Quick Pitch, channeled her inner Rob Ishkabbibble with the "how did it feel to be around all these all stars.....how does it feel to be receiving the award from ken griffey Jr.?"

I guess maybe we're all being a little rough on Robbie, because the same questions he asks are asked by every other teams onfield designated annoyance.

Do they have a union? Is it a special club they belong to?
Javy

The other games

Post by Javy »

604641545D51465058330 wrote: Quinn Priester goes 2/3 of an inning with a walk and a strikeout in the MLB Futures game
And Shane Baz pitched an inning of perfect ball with 2k's...oh wait,, he's in Tampa now...drat!!!
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: Ken Griffey Jr. presented the Larry Doby award for the Future Game's MVP, and let me just say, he's looking quite chunky.

Heidi Watney, who I adore on Quick Pitch, channeled her inner Rob Ishkabbibble with the "how did it feel to be around all these all stars.....how does it feel to be receiving the award from ken griffey Jr.?" 

I guess maybe we're all being a little rough on Robbie, because the same questions he asks are asked by every other teams onfield designated annoyance.

Do they have a union? Is it a special club they belong to?
The Giants have Baseballs best record at the All Star

break- 57-32.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle. I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

3365736768726269647341666C60686D2F62010 wrote: Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle.  I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.

And Cronenworth with a little roller to the left side into the Nats' shift, turns into the single he needed for the cycle, only the third one in Padres history.
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

306670646B71616A677042656F636B6E2C61020 wrote: Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle.  I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.

And Cronenworth with a little roller to the left side into the Nats' shift, turns into the single he needed for the cycle, only the third one in Padres history.
Seeing the score, I'm surprised there weren't three in this game alone
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

183E392C25293E28204B0 wrote: Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle.  I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.

Scoring 24 in a game is nuts. Am I remembering right that there have been three games this year where a team scored 20 or more runs?
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3F697F6B647E6E65687F4D6A606C6461236E0D0 wrote: Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle.  I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.

Scoring 24 in a game is nuts.  Am I remembering right that there have been three games this year where a team scored 20 or more runs? 

I don't think it will be necessary to move the mound back :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

546A6F67746C6C674762756631030 wrote: Padres Jake Cronenworth needs a single to complete a cycle.  I think he’ll get at least two more at bats.

Scoring 24 in a game is nuts.  Am I remembering right that there have been three games this year where a team scored 20 or more runs? 

I don't think it will be necessary to move the mound back :D

Well, maybe when the Pirates bat.
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Tigers win 1-0 against the Twins, the only run scoring when Robbie Grossman hit a leadoff HR in the bottom of the first.

Reminds me of a similar game at Dodger Stadium on Sept 4th 1982, on Willie Stargell day no less. The Pirates won that game 1-0 when Lee Lacy hit a HR as the second batter of the game, and Lee Tunnell got the win over Fernando Valenzuela (who pitched a complete game). I was at the game with some Marine classmates of mine.

Along with Willie NOT getting to even PH, which really PO'd some Dodger fans, they had this giant helium filled baseball tethered at home plate, that Willie swung at and released, as he was at the time still the only player to hit a ball out of Dodger Stadium, and he had done it twice.

Also memorable that night was an Orioles fan friend of mine, who was amazed at number 88 taking fielding practice at shortstop and asked who he was. I told him, "That's not 88. That's 'BB'...he's the Pirates batboy."