The next CBA and the future of MLB

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1A2421293A222229092C3B287F4D0 wrote: We need to finish dead last a few more times until we get that being tight with players' pay doesn't work well for us.  Then again, neither has paying them.  ;)
Opening day postponed to April 14 with second week of baseball season canceled.Credits keep adding up for Surg
It is a total of 184 games
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

427760606B5260606B6C60050 wrote: We need to finish dead last a few more times until we get that being tight with players' pay doesn't work well for us.  Then again, neither has paying them.  ;)
So you're saying the only 2 times the Pirates have problems is when they pay players and when they don't pay them? :D :D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Pretty much! ;)

Reminds me of The Golden Years. I used to write on our previous boartd-

"I dnk what's WORSE-

A) When NH DOESN'T make a move, or

B) When he DOES. @@@@@@
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We found out later.

B. :(((((((
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6D53565E4D55555E7E5B4C5F083A0 wrote: We need to finish dead last a few more times until we get that being tight with players' pay doesn't work well for us.  Then again, neither has paying them.  ;)
Opening day postponed to April 14 with second week of baseball season canceled.Credits keep adding up for Surg
Oddly enough, I have still only been cancelled 2 games, the opening day tickets still keep moving. I have a weekend plan, and so far the Pirates have only had to cancel one saturday and sunday game. If the rest of April gets cancelled, assuming they still keep moving the opening day tickets to whenever, only 5 more games get affected. July and September are the heavy hitter months for my plan, with 10 and 9 games, respectively.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's me.  I don't get it.  I just don't.

i see the benefit of an international draft.  I do. 

But, is implementing it beginning a few years from now that much of a big deal that we can't go with it and iron out the kinks (if there are any) as we go worth holding everything up?

Leaves me thinking, no matter what's agreed to, there's always going to be.....what now?

=============

No wonder I'm not married.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: It's me.  I don't get it.  I just don't.

But, is implementing it beginning a few years from now that much of a big deal that we can't go with it and iron out the kinks (if there are any) as we go worth holding everything up?

Leaves me thinking, no matter what's agreed to, there's always going to be.....what now?

=============

[highlight]No wonder I'm not married.[/highlight]

Oh my, you left yourself open to some friendly heckling with that one! :D :D :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1F3E361F343C5B0 wrote: It's me.  I don't get it.  I just don't.

=============

[highlight]No wonder I'm not married.[/highlight]

Oh my, you left yourself open to some friendly heckling with that one!   :D :D :D :D

That's for sure. I don't know where to start :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7B5D5A4F464A5D4B43280 wrote: We need to finish dead last a few more times until we get that being tight with players' pay doesn't work well for us.  Then again, neither has paying them.  ;)
Oddly enough, I have still only been cancelled 2 games, the opening day tickets still keep moving. I have a weekend plan, and so far the Pirates have only had to cancel one saturday and sunday game. If the rest of April gets cancelled, assuming they still keep moving the opening day tickets to whenever, only 5 more games get affected. July and September are the heavy hitter months for my plan, with 10 and 9 games, respectively.
That's good to hear!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

PLAY BALL

Agreement set. April 14 at PNC opening day for Pirates.