Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Pirate Moves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is time for Allen and Van Meter to go. I have seen enough of both. Add Bae and Swaggerty to the 26 man roster. Bring both up and let them play.
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

545859020B020A07001F05320 wrote: It is time for Allen and Van Meter to go. I have seen enough of both. Add Bae and Swaggerty to the 26 man roster. Bring both up and let them play.
I hope some moves are made by Sept 1. Rosters can only expand from 26 to 28 now so they can't get a look at many guys in September unless they clear roster spots.
mouse

Pirate Moves

Post by mouse »

That "clearing roster spots" is an interesting idea. I have some suggestions. I'm sure others do as well.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5C5E444254310 wrote: That "clearing roster spots" is an interesting idea. I have some suggestions. I'm sure others do as well.
Is it possible to clear enough spots so they won't be

able to field a team? :D
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Jack Suwinski to be brought up after Phillies Series. Haven't

decided who will go. Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe VanMeter
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirate Moves

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C42474F5C44444F6F4A5D4E192B0 wrote: Jack Suwinski to be brought up after Phillies Series. Haven't

I'd like to see Suwinski play nearly every night the rest of the way. Having him in the outfield then forces the Pirates to take a longer look at Madris playing 1B.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6A3C2A3E312B3B303D2A183F35393134763B580 wrote: Jack Suwinski to be brought up after Phillies Series. Haven't

I'd like to see Suwinski play nearly every night the rest of the way.  Having him in the outfield then forces the Pirates to take a longer look at Madris playing 1B. 
He will have been in the lineup for less than half the season and

is second on the club in Home Runs with 14
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

Stephenson does not appear to be very confident. And for good reason. This looks like a classic dumpster dive. Per the PPG:

Stephenson spoke with the Post-Gazette before Sunday’s game as he was unpacking his things and said he was excited for the opportunity in Pittsburgh. He also hoped that Pirates coaches might be able to help him figure out what has been happening with his four-seam fastball.

Opponents have hit .379 and slugged .641 against the pitch this season. In 2021, those numbers sat at .307 and .534. The inability to utilize his fastball has forced Stephenson to rely more on his terrific slider, which has tamped down its effectiveness.

“I think there are a couple mechanical tweaks that I might need to make,” Stephenson said. “But really the main thing is I need my fastball to be more effective. Then my slider can play off of that.

“This last month or so has been a little bit of a struggle. My fastball has been getting hit pretty hard. If these guys have some suggestions for me to get back on track with that, I think that’s probably the first step to getting back to where I need to be.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2208280159
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

002D20313627307073420 wrote: Stephenson does not appear to be very confident. And for good reason. This looks like a classic dumpster dive. Per the PPG:

Stephenson spoke with the Post-Gazette before Sunday’s game as he was unpacking his things and said he was excited for the opportunity in Pittsburgh. He also hoped that Pirates coaches might be able to help him figure out what has been happening with his four-seam fastball.

Opponents have hit .379 and slugged .641 against the pitch this season. In 2021, those numbers sat at .307 and .534. The inability to utilize his fastball has forced Stephenson to rely more on his terrific slider, which has tamped down its effectiveness.

“I think there are a couple mechanical tweaks that I might need to make,” Stephenson said. “But really the main thing is I need my fastball to be more effective. Then my slider can play off of that.

“This last month or so has been a little bit of a struggle. My fastball has been getting hit pretty hard. If these guys have some suggestions for me to get back on track with that, I think that’s probably the first step to getting back to where I need to be.”

It appears he has come to the wrong place
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

112F2A22312929220227302374460 wrote: Stephenson does not appear to be very confident. And for good reason. This looks like a classic dumpster dive. Per the PPG:

It appears he has come to the wrong place
My guess is that Cherington thought he was getting Robert Louis Stephenson because having the author of "Treasure Island" playing for the Pirates would be a great PR move. I'm sure Greg Brown is already focus grouping a slew of nicknames.