Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by Surgnbuck »

That was 2018 they were team mates.

I'm getting terrible at this....too much down time! We need baseball!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Right now, the back end of the bullpen is stacked
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 pm Right now, the back end of the bullpen is stacked
Now if there were only the requisite number of serviceable starting pitchers ahead of them.
Possum

Post by Possum »

DK thinks there should be just that and Nutting needs to spend some money to get it. I think that 2024 is a make it or break it season for Marin as PC.
Let's Go Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Doc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:39 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 pm Right now, the back end of the bullpen is stacked
Now if there were only the requisite number of serviceable starting pitchers ahead of them.
I wonder if a trade is being discussed to bring in a controllable starting pitcher for one of our infielders and possibly a bullpen piece other than Bednar and Chapman. With the proposed salary for Chapman I don’t see the Pirates signing a free agent starting pitcher before ST.
Possum

Post by Possum »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:08 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:39 pm
I wonder if a trade is being discussed to bring in a controllable starting pitcher for one of our infielders and possibly a bullpen piece other than Bednar and Chapman. With the proposed salary for Chapman I don’t see the Pirates signing a free agent starting pitcher before ST.
If Nutting wants to he can afford the FA SP it's just that a servicable SP not be available that way. As far as trading for a controllable SP will that SP be able to step in and go more than 5 innings per start and couple with Keller?
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

In another article in today's Post-Gazette, Nutting claimed that baseball needs to change in order to put the 30 franchises on a more equal footing. This coming from a man who's voted in favor of accepting the CBA each time it's come up for ratification since he's owned the Pirates. Once again, don't believe what he says, believe what he does.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:30 pm In another article in today's Post-Gazette, Nutting claimed that baseball needs to change in order to put the 30 franchises on a more equal footing. This coming from a man who's voted in favor of accepting the CBA each time it's come up for ratification since he's owned the Pirates. Once again, don't believe what he says, believe what he does.
I wish a laugh track could be inserted whenever Nutting speaks.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:40 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:30 pm In another article in today's Post-Gazette, Nutting claimed that baseball needs to change in order to put the 30 franchises on a more equal footing. This coming from a man who's voted in favor of accepting the CBA each time it's come up for ratification since he's owned the Pirates. Once again, don't believe what he says, believe what he does.
Nutting is only concerned about earning a profit each year as owner of the Bucs. No way Nutting would vote to install a salary cap and a minimum payroll because doing that would possibly his annual profits from owning the Bucs. Nutting reminds me of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:40 pm
If he owned the Brewers or Reds or Cubs, just think how we here in Pittsburgh would find him to be so amusing. Instead, I find him pathetic and disingenuous to a degree I can’t measure. If only there was something that could be done to rid him from us.