SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

1025323239003232393E32570 wrote: 1/2- Underwood

1/2- Cherington for such an anemic "offense".  Deer in headlights hit better when they see guys in scoring position.

And don't forget Shelton who looked at his anemic roster and put the only guys remotely hitting--Frazier, Reynolds and Stallings--on the bench together.
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

His administrative assistant would get the goat because she sorted the names the wrong way.  She was supposed to sort it from highest to lowest, but she clicked on the wrong button.  Dishonorable Mention.

---------------------

In the old days, Shed said that the lowest we can go is halves.  If we gave fractions, we'd probably have our share of games where it would be 1/28 for everybody (25 players, even if they don't play + Shelty + Ben + you-know-who.)

The only guy who wouldn't get the goat would be the hockey guy, just because he's not FC.   

Things may have changed.  ;) 
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

put [highlight]the only guys remotely hitting[/highlight]--Frazier, Reynolds and Stallings--on the bench together.

====================

You're a baseball genius!  We should've done that LAST season.  Just have them play from home...or whereever!  ;) 
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

7D485F5F546D5F5F54535F3A0 wrote: put [highlight]the only guys remotely hitting[/highlight]--Frazier, Reynolds and Stallings--on the bench together.

====================

You're a baseball genius!  We should've done that LAST season.  Just have them play from home...or whereever!  ;) 
Well, Shelton phoned this one in anyway, so.....
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

6E5B4C4C477E4C4C47404C290 wrote: His administrative assistant would get the goat because she sorted the names the wrong way.  She was supposed to sort it from highest to lowest, but she clicked on the wrong button.  Dishonorable Mention.

---------------------

In the old days, Shed said that the lowest we can go is halves.  If we gave fractions, we'd probably have our share of games where it would be 1/28 for everybody (25 players, even if they don't play + Shelty + Ben + you-know-who.)

The only guy who wouldn't get the goat would be the hockey guy, just because he's not FC.   

Things may have changed.  ;) 
I voted for 6 guys one time to be a PITA. Shed was big baby about some of us voting "no goat" and threatened to take his ball home with his thumb in his mouth. I mean, seriously, he accepted a vote for Huntington.

Shed has never had cred.
DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

Even in a loss, I think we need to have SOG instead of GOG last night. So I pick Will Craig for his 8th inning HR, with an honorable mention to Wil Crowe for his good outing that kept the Bucs in the game.

SOG - Will Craig.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

GOG-Crowe. It's not enough to have 4 good innings if you're going to fall apart in the 5th. A HR, 2 singles and a triple in one inning doesn't get it done.
WildwoodDave2

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

65444C654E46210 wrote: Even in a loss, I think we need to have SOG instead of GOG last night.  So I pick Will Craig for his 8th inning HR, with an honorable mention to Wil Crowe for his good outing that kept the Bucs in the game.

SOG - Will Craig.
GOG- .5 Wil Crowe

.5 Polanco just for being Polanco
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

NO Goat.

Crowe pitched well. Can't believe people are faulting Gonzo's weak attempt at fielding Stallings throw, and Polanco tripping over his feet on a ball that Difo or Stokes easily catches.

Guys catch the ball, he's giving up one run. ONE RUN PEOPLE. That's getting the horns, not the goat.
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: NO Goat.

Crowe pitched well. Can't believe people are faulting Gonzo's weak attempt at fielding Stallings throw, and Polanco tripping over his feet on a ball that Difo or Stokes easily catches.

Guys catch the ball, he's giving up one run. ONE RUN PEOPLE. That's getting the horns, not the goat.

I actually wasn't surprised Polanco didn't catch the Yaz triple. He's never been more than an average defender and, on that play at least, he looked hesitant as he approached the fence along the foul line. I have to guess that he fears getting hurt yet again. I'm amazed he didn't end up injured by the way he awkwardly landed.