Official Game Thread - 4/12 - Cubs vs Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Was at the game today and it’s so frustrating to see how inept and how bad this offense is. I didn’t like Shelton pinch hitting for Chavis in the 6th inning with Vogelbach just cause the Cubs brought in a righty. Vogelbach had two horrific at bats striking out twice and he just looked disinterested while he was at the plate and in the dugout afterwards. Chavis is swinging a hot bat now one of the guys the Pirates should be looking at in key spots not pinch hitting a stiff like Vogelbach for him. So I didn’t like the move at all, Cole Tucker is also terrible and can’t hit what so ever and has no business playing or starting any games. And lastly, I like the updates they did to PNC Park especially in the outfield with the bar and stool seating that they upgraded. Very nice work all the way across the board on all the upgrades throughout the park.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
I totally agree with you. He had a couple spurts last year in September, but overall he has never hit well in the Majors.

my question is, Is Van Meter better?  I think the answer is debateable.
They currently have 14 pitchers and I think they will keep 14 when cutting 2 players from the roster. And they don't need PHers on the bench to bat for pitchers. I think 2 of Tucker, Park, VanMeter or Castillo will be sent down. And based on their propensity for illogical decisions, I suspect they will option Castillo and Park.
I thought there was some rule now which states a team cannot carry more than 13 pitchers. So if this is the case one position player and one pitcher must be removed from the roster.
Interesting. I didn't know about the 13 pitcher rule.

Add it to the growing list of other stupid rules.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

376177636C76666D6077456268646C692B66050 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
I totally agree with you. He had a couple spurts last year in September, but overall he has never hit well in the Majors.

They currently have 14 pitchers and I think they will keep 14 when cutting 2 players from the roster. And they don't need PHers on the bench to bat for pitchers. I think 2 of Tucker, Park, VanMeter or Castillo will be sent down. And based on their propensity for illogical decisions, I suspect they will option Castillo and Park.
I thought there was some rule now which states a team cannot carry more than 13 pitchers. So if this is the case one position player and one pitcher must be removed from the roster.

Maybe for extra innings they could have an imaginary pitcher strike out 2 imaginary batters after the first imaginary batter leads off with a double. ;D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

78595178535B3C0 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
yet they continue to give him chance after chance
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
yet they continue to give him chance after chance
A switch hitter who can't hit from either side of the plate while always having the advantage on the pitcher is someone who simply lacks the necessary hitting skills for MLB.

For his career Tucker has hit .218 as a LH batter vs RHPs and .202 as a RH batter vs LHPs. I doubt he will last the season with them. He may not even last the month.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I continue to find it hard to understand why it is so difficult to improve on guys like this.

It's not as if there is only one way to.

But, yet there must be only one.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!

Maybe for extra innings they could have an imaginary pitcher strike out 2 imaginary batters after the first imaginary batter leads off with a double.  ;D

Then the real batter gets 5 strikes and a mulligan if he fails to score the runner on 2B by making an out. :D :D :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

53727A537870170 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!

Maybe for extra innings they could have an imaginary pitcher strike out 2 imaginary batters after the first imaginary batter leads off with a double.  ;D

Then the real batter gets 5 strikes and a mulligan if he fails to score the runner on 2B by making an out.   :D :D :D

Don't be silly, Possum. The imaginary players would never go for it and they'd file and imaginary grievance with the union.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

113C31202736216162530 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!

Why stop there? With the deep dive clubs take into analytics, I suspect there are some who would love to turn the game into a computer simulation.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Whatever happened to the old "Pepper" drills the old-timers used to play during pre-game warm-ups?