Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

On to LA
Bobster21

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by Bobster21 »

I turned it off after 9 innings. I don't watch any MLB games when the imaginary hitter/imaginary double BS starts.
WildwoodDave2

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: I turned it off after 9 innings. I don't watch any MLB games when the imaginary hitter/imaginary double BS starts.
Your favorite VanMeter came through again. Keep it up. It's working
Bobster21

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by Bobster21 »

On the replay it looks like Park should have added a step or 2 to his lead. That would have made the difference. You can safely be as far from the bag as the 3Bman and he was far away. And you have a coach there to warn you if the 3Bman creeps closer. The coach should have been telling him to get a bigger lead. All the little things that make the Pirates such a bad team from year to year.
Bobster21

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by Bobster21 »

6D53565E4D55555E7E5B4C5F083A0 wrote: I turned it off after 9 innings. I don't watch any MLB games when the imaginary hitter/imaginary double BS starts.
Your favorite VanMeter came through again. Keep it up. It's working
I'm goading him into being semi-adequate. ;)
Bobster21

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by Bobster21 »

x
UtahPirate

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by UtahPirate »

I am wondering when the 40-man is going to see a few prospect adjustments, i.e. Tucker and Park.

Park really didn't play well at AAA, yet here he is back with us. I hope he can figure it out, but ...

Tucker seems like the classic case of needing a new team before he gets his career going, if he can ...

The reason I bring it up is the two players who are tearing it up in AAA are Bae and Martin. I guess maybe they will each be given their chance at some point, but I would really like to see what Bae brings in particular, and honestly, see it about now. He's got blazing speed and is the kind of hitter that really gets defenses edgy because of it. He's added a little pop this year and has played well since Spring Training. They've played him at SS, 2B, and CF and it seems like it's time to see what he's got instead of trotting Park out there again.
fjk090852-7

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F7E6B625A63786B7E6F0A0 wrote: I am wondering when the 40-man is going to see a few prospect adjustments, i.e. Tucker and Park.

Park really didn't play well at AAA, yet here he is back with us. I hope he can figure it out, but ...

Tucker seems like the classic case of needing a new team before he gets his career going, if he can ...

The reason I bring it up is the two players who are tearing it up in AAA are Bae and Martin. I guess maybe they will each be given their chance at some point, but I would really like to see what Bae brings in particular, and honestly, see it about now. He's got blazing speed and is the kind of hitter that really gets defenses edgy because of it. He's added a little pop this year and has played well since Spring Training. They've played him at SS, 2B, and CF and it seems like it's time to see what he's got instead of trotting Park out there again.
I too would like to see Bae get promoted to Pittsburgh. He would be an excellent lead off hitter with his speed. They will have to add him to the 40 man roster if they decide to bring him up. If they do bring him up, it may happen after the trading deadline.
steve49

Game thread 5/29 vs SD

Post by steve49 »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: On the replay it looks like Park should have added a step or 2 to his lead. That would have made the difference. You can safely be as far from the bag as the 3Bman and he was far away. And you have a coach there to warn you if the 3Bman creeps closer. The coach should have been telling him to get a bigger lead. All the little things that make the Pirates such a bad team from year to year.

I coached kids from 16 to around 24 for over 15 years. You never had to coach the good baserunners on things such as that. They would always get a walking lead and knew when to advance when the pitch hit the dirt. The bad baserunners never really improved that much regardless of how much you coached them.