Cutch Coming Home

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Cutch Coming Home

Post by Ecbucs »

113A3B3E3E3B3C012633263B3D3C520 wrote: Pirates will be stuck with a bad Cutch and then will have to hide him, to avoid cutting him and all that hoopla. That`s how things go with this team.

I think if he does that bad (like Amos Otis and Brandon Inge bad) then he will just retire. I don't see him wanting to be embarrassed.
JollyRoger

Cutch Coming Home

Post by JollyRoger »

725453464F4354424A210 wrote: I'd like to know which "young" OF prospect he's blocking? Suwinski is a platoon player. All the others have been hanging around and not one has done a thing to show they are MLB caliber players, with only Smith-Njigba in question because of his injury last year. Marcano? Swaggerty? Mitchell? Joe? Vilade? Please, give me Cutch "taking away" their AB's as much as possible.

Precursor to a Reynolds trade? He's been on the effing block for how long now? I seriously doubt IF Reynolds is traded, that Cutch's role changes one iota, and his signing has zero reason for any trade.

He's not the Cutch of old. But he's an upgrade over what appears to be a gaggle of AAAA types.

Last but not least, the "It's just a PR move".  I have read for months now people saying, "sign Cutch if for no other reason then to let him finish as a Pirate." Yes, he's certainly going to get a few sales people on the line now, so what? It's what people who go to the games have been asking for. God forbid the franchise actually do something that appeases the fans.

Cutch is an upgrade for the team, he makes them better, so from a baseball standpoint, BRAVO!!!! 

Okay, rant over. :) :) :) :)

Great post and I agree with everything you state.

Plus, the additional fan interest and increased ticket sales will more than pay for his contract. This addition will cost the Pirates nothing
GreenWeenie

Cutch Coming Home

Post by GreenWeenie »

5C797A7A6F4479717364160 wrote: I'd like to know which "young" OF prospect he's blocking? Suwinski is a platoon player. All the others have been hanging around and not one has done a thing to show they are MLB caliber players, with only Smith-Njigba in question because of his injury last year. Marcano? Swaggerty? Mitchell? Joe? Vilade? Please, give me Cutch "taking away" their AB's as much as possible.

Precursor to a Reynolds trade? He's been on the effing block for how long now? I seriously doubt IF Reynolds is traded, that Cutch's role changes one iota, and his signing has zero reason for any trade.

He's not the Cutch of old. But he's an upgrade over what appears to be a gaggle of AAAA types.

Last but not least, the "It's just a PR move".  I have read for months now people saying, "sign Cutch if for no other reason then to let him finish as a Pirate." Yes, he's certainly going to get a few sales people on the line now, so what? It's what people who go to the games have been asking for. God forbid the franchise actually do something that appeases the fans.

Cutch is an upgrade for the team, he makes them better, so from a baseball standpoint, BRAVO!!!! 

Okay, rant over. :) :) :) :)

Great post and I agree with everything you state.

Plus, the additional fan interest and increased ticket sales will more than pay for his contract. This addition will cost the Pirates nothing

Add me to the list. The revenue is icing on the cake, but if someone wants that to be the focus, then the argument can be made that it would (in, theory anyway) allow us to pay for more talent. Realistically, it's probably another story.
WildwoodDave2

Cutch Coming Home

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Good article in today's PG about how the signing of Cutch came about. It appears that Cutch sent a text to Nutting confirming his

desire to return to the Pirates and retiring as a Buc. Nutting then informed Cherrington. Cutch and Ben met at a local coffee shop and that was it.
fjk090852-7

Cutch Coming Home

Post by fjk090852-7 »

66585D55465E5E557550475403310 wrote: Good article in today's PG about how the signing of Cutch came about. It appears that Cutch sent a text to Nutting confirming his

desire to return to the Pirates and retiring as a Buc. Nutting then informed Cherrington. Cutch and Ben met at a local coffee shop and that was it.

I guess we have to give Bob Nutting the credit for giving Ben C the opportunity to speak with Cutch after receiving the email from Cutch. I understand from a radio interview that Nutting has stayed in contact with Cutch over the past five years while he played with other teams. One could say that Bob Nutting was looking at the increase in ticket sales by bringing back Cutch, but just maybe he had a change of heart, and felt that the return of Cutch would electrify a fan base which has had little to cheer about for several years.
Bobster21

Cutch Coming Home

Post by Bobster21 »

747879222B222A27203F25120 wrote: Good article in today's PG about how the signing of Cutch came about. It appears that Cutch sent a text to Nutting confirming his

I guess we have to give Bob Nutting the credit for giving Ben C the opportunity to speak with Cutch after receiving the email from Cutch. I understand from a radio interview that Nutting has stayed in contact with Cutch over the past five years while he played with other teams. One could say that Bob Nutting was looking at the increase in ticket sales by bringing back Cutch, but just maybe he had a change of heart, and felt that the return of Cutch would electrify a fan base which has  had little to cheer about for several years.
They're paying Cutch less than they pay Reynolds, who's expected to be traded. So bringing back Cutch is nice for him (since he initiated it) and nice for the fans and likely will not be an added payroll expense. That may be what Nutting is counting on more so than added revenue from ticket sales (where the interest in seeing Cutch play might offset a potential decrease in sales if Reynolds is traded).
ChillinStation

Cutch Coming Home

Post by ChillinStation »

I don`t want some player that feels the need for fans give him some farewell BS. Like they owe him or something. Look at me please, type stuff ::) Cutch had a nice run and should leave it at that.
GreenWeenie

Cutch Coming Home

Post by GreenWeenie »

I don't get that impression. Is there such an indication? I think.that he just wants to play and do what he can to help the club.
fjk090852-7

Cutch Coming Home

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just thinking that with Cutch now joining the team, he might be the right player to get more offensive play from KY Bryan Hayes then he has shown the past two seasons. One of the big things with Cutch now on the team Hayes and others don’t have to be that player to carry the team on their shoulders.
Bobster21

Cutch Coming Home

Post by Bobster21 »

5854550E070E060B0C13093E0 wrote: Just thinking that with Cutch now joining the team, he might be the right player to get more offensive play from KY Bryan Hayes then he has shown the past two seasons. One of the big things with Cutch now on the team Hayes and others don’t have to be that player to carry the team on their shoulders.
I think he will be a good influence on guys like Hayes but at this stage of his career, Cutch is not going to carry the team.