Official Game Thread - 4/9 - Bucs vs ChiSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Who takes over at SS? I don’t want Castro to be that guy. There are a handful of guys who can play the position but I’m not sure any of them are ready to handle it yet.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Who takes over at SS?  I don’t want Castro to be that guy.  There are a handful of guys who can play the position but I’m not sure any of them are ready to handle it yet.
Missed todays game- must have been a well played game

I agree doc. Who is playing SS at Indy?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6-3

Bring on the World Champs!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So sad for Cruz.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

103631242D21362028430 wrote: We had 'em all the way! Great pitching today to offset the ridiculous Sunday lineup.
The ridiculous part of the lineup scored the run ;)
That's true. Fortunately, the run was enough.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

25667F647762736525160 wrote: "Oneil Cruz has a fractured left ankle." - Mackey

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/16 ... 9728403457
Let's hope it's not a career changing injury like Rennie Stennett. :(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

605E5B53405858537356415205370 wrote: Who takes over at SS?  I don’t want Castro to be that guy.  There are a handful of guys who can play the position but I’m not sure any of them are ready to handle it yet.
Missed todays game- must have been a well played game

I agree doc. Who is playing SS at Indy?

It looks like there are five guys who can play SS but I don’t think Cherington is ready to turn over the job to any of them for any length of time:

1.  Rodolfo Castro

2.  Tucupita Marcano (who’s off to a fast start in Indy)

3.  Nick Gonzales

4.  Liover Peguero

5.  Chris Ownings

My immediate choice, to cover this coming series at least, would be Owings because he’s an experienced major league player, but he would just be temporary, unless he surprises and holds the fort. If Marcano continues to play well, then he could be he next man up.

Of course, there’s always a possibility for a trade, but I don’t know that BC could acquire anyone better than what he already has.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Thoughts on Cruz

First off I know the rule at third is to run on contact.

However there is no way Cruz is going to score based on where Hayes hit the ball. I blame the 3B coach for allowing Cruz to run. This injury could have been avoided with good coaching.

Secondly it’s unfortunate that Cruz went in feet first.

Watch how Jose Ramirez scored the winning run today for the Guardians. He went in head first way off the plate and used his left hand to barely touch the plate avoiding all contact.

I just hope that Cruz does not have any torn ligaments.

If so his season is toast
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4A6F6C6C79526F676572000 wrote: Thoughts on Cruz

However there is no way Cruz is going to score based on where Hayes hit the ball. I blame the 3B coach for allowing Cruz to run. This injury could have been avoided with good coaching.

Watch how Jose Ramirez scored the winning run today for the Guardians. He went in head first way off the plate and used his left hand to barely touch the plate avoiding all contact.

The ironic thing was that the Sox were conceding the run and not playing the infield in. Rather, they wanted to be set for an inning ending DP if possible. But the ball was hit too slowly for a DP and right to the 3Bman who had a good shot at Cruz at the plate. So he made the throw home.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: Thoughts on Cruz

The ironic thing was that the Sox were conceding the run and not playing the infield in. Rather, they wanted to be set for an inning ending DP if possible. But the ball was hit too slowly for a DP and right to the 3Bman who had a good shot at Cruz at the plate. So he made the throw home.

Doesn't the on deck batter usually tell runner there is a play and he needs to slide? Too bad about injury, hope it is clean break and no ligament damage.