Official Game Thread - 6/7 - Bucs vs A's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

152B2E26352D2D260623342770420 wrote: I remember last year when everyone was screaming for Contreras. Well, he is here now!!

Not everyone, my friend.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year. The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes. For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important. Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

065046525D47575C5146745359555D581A57340 wrote: This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year.  The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes.  For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important.  Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.
Looking at the big picture I agree with your comments
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3F697F6B647E6E65687F4D6A606C6461236E0D0 wrote: This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year.  The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes.  For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important.  Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.

good summary, hoping for no more major injuries this season and this season setting the stage for better seasons ahead.
2drfischer@gmail.c

5C7A7B6C7A6A190 wrote: This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year.  The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes.  For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important.  Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.

good summary, hoping for no more major injuries this season and this season setting the stage for better seasons ahead. 

Good point about injuries. Losing a series to the Athletics is frustrating but’s insignificant compared to Cruz losing nearly a season of development due to injury.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7E5B58584D665B535146340 wrote: This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year.  The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes.  For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important.  Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.

To me, the big picture is the next four to seven years. This year, while fun, wasn’t expected by the vast majority of fans. If come July 15 they’re still in a position to reach the playoffs, I say go for it. The young players will learn a lot from it. But for me, this year doesn’t mean as much as the next handful.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Weak division. Bucs have a chance, it's going to be fun.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm OK if we have players who aren't up to the task. Trade for better players who are up to it. It's not very often that opponents practically leave the playoffs for you on a wide open table. Go get it.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: This roller coaster ride we’re on should probably be expected from a team that’s evolving from being pretty bad a year ago to hopefully being competitive by next year.  The young guys who are getting lots of playing time are still prone to lots of mistakes.  For me, learning how to both eliminate them and overcome them, learning how to win games, and learning how to show up everyday prepared to win are what’s most important.  Successfully doing those things will pay dividends in the years ahead.

To me, the big picture is the next four to seven years.  This year, while fun, wasn’t expected by the vast majority of fans.  If come July 15 they’re still in a position to reach the playoffs, I say go for it.  The young players will learn a lot from it.  But for me, this year doesn’t mean as much as the next handful.

Agree 100% doc. Was telling bucs607179 the other day.This team will go on winning and losing streaks all season. They will play good baseball and lousy baseball. Great move bringing in veterans

( Cutch, Santana) who seem to have had a positive influence on

the younger players. Like you say, they have a shot at the division. None of us really thought that was possible in March