Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 6/14 - Bucs @ Cubs

Post by Surgnbuck »

Lead off double by Reynolds!

Let's not get Piratey on this, and get him in
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

684E495C55594E58503B0 wrote: Pitch count WAY up there now after that long AB by Gomes, now a second walk. Need a DP.

I don't see Bidro going more than 3-4 innings
Already has thrown 53 pitches in two innings. Bucs need about 6 more runs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And Joe can't get him over. Why oh why oh why can't we have nice things?
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: Struck out the side, and one of the singles probably should have been a double play. The Swanson's single just found a hole. Wasn't hit all that hard. Castro, on the other hand, hit a rope to the third baseman to end the top of the first.
I had posted before that when Hill is on the mound, the Pirates should always have their best defense behind regardless who the opposing starter is.  That should go true on a call up from AAA

Marcano hitting lefty can't be that much of a drop-off from Mathias. That would slide Castro over to 2B. But, Marcano did roll his ankle yesterday. A night off might not be the worst thing for him.
I didn't realize he rolled his ankle. The only other option is Bae, and I like him less than Castro at short. I'd rather they have Bae at second base then. Castro and Mathias just aren't a good combo, and we've seen this act before.

Yes, Bae>Mathias.

And yeah, Marcano stepped on the first baseman's foot last night trying to leg out an infield single. He stayed in the game, but I was kind of surprised. It actually looked pretty bad at first. Was totally on the Cub's 1B-man. He couldn't find the bag and kind of moved his foot around and wound up putting it on the front of the base. Marcano was lucky...could have easily broken it.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Santana gets him in!

His 3 RBI tonight, he's now tied with Goldschmidt
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Santana with his third RBI tonight. 4-1 Bucs.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Santana with a one out RBI single. Seems like every time this board gets down on a player, he has a good game.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

350B0E06150D0D062603140750620 wrote: Pitch count WAY up there now after that long AB by Gomes, now a second walk. Need a DP.

I don't see Bidro going more than 3-4 innings
Already has thrown 53 pitches in two innings. Bucs need about 6 more runs
There's one of them
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Shelty's still waiting for some CMU intern to tell him who he needs to put on Mt. Rushmore and what days to put them there. Problem is, the sculptor threatened to quit. He's tired of moving them around all the time and up and down in the order.

Surg wins on the ghost runner tie-breaker. A Diseased Mt. Rushmore is always higher quality than a VanMeter Mt. Rushmore. Surg is smarter than Shelty.

Wait for Shelty to be named MOY. There will be no living with Surg.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Gets Pirate killer Happ swinging!