Official Game Thread - 6/21 - Bucs vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Hey Surg, you need to get Mr. Man to go to BC and kick some dirt on his shoes, slam his hat on the ground, put some dirt on home plate, and for the big finish, call BC a big "d$ck. Maybe that will get BC's attention. :D :D :D :D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Doesn't matter what they wear. They could be wearing my all-time favorites, they're still not watchable until the brass is serious about improvement.

And.....until Davis wears The Tools Of Ignorance, I don't want to watch even if I could watch games. I want to see him catching.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I hope Surg enjoyed the 2 hits the bucs got today
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

122C2921322A2A210124332077450 wrote: I hope Surg enjoyed the 2 hits the bucs got today
I got to see both pitch framers doing what they do better than anyone else. It was like poetry.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So not that it would have made a difference but......when we had bases loaded, one out. Castro came up against the righty. Sorry, had to PH for him right there with Marcano, and then Delay to follow PH for Hedges.

As soon as Hill gave up that double, you could just feel what was coming. Especially when they stranded the man on second with no outs. The game turned right at those two junctures.

But it was nice seeing a lead for half an inning :D
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Just awful, I bet $100 and never had a chance. Team Sucks and Bae has the weakest swing ever.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We have enough patty cake hitters.  What we need is a couple of bakers men.  But, bakers men cost money, so we have patty cake hitters instead.

I don't get it.  The franchise has a fine tradition of developing outstanding hitting, and if not- otherwise acquiring some. 

I guess that's been swapped for pitch framers since the Russell Martin days.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Considering Shelton's starting lineup today, 2 hits seems about right. Maybe even more than they should have had.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Oneil Cruz or No Oneil Cruz, it looks to me like we're in some trouble.

I'm not writing this to sound cruel. Not my intent. But, no wonder folks were excited about April. We were all hoping against hope that.....it wouldn't turn out to be this bad. I don't like the way this is shaping up. Teams have been streaking against us. Don't look now. One could be the Cardinals.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

65,000 plus showed up for this Mon-Wed homestand. I wonder when the last time was the Pirates had that many fans for a Mon-Wed series, that didn't involve Opening Day.

Granted a good chunk of them were Cubs fans. They weren't the usual 60-70 percent of the crowd though today.

Davis certainly pushed the meter, at least for Monday. When we walked up to the gates, a lot of people were in line at the ticket booths today.