Trades

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Trades

Post by Surgnbuck »

What is it with Roberts that people just can't lay off? HE SUCKS

The guy they need to go after is Logan O'Hoppe. Upgrades the offense. Upgrades catcher. This is the kind of move teams that don't spend money need to make. The Angels will be losing Anderson at the deadline. I said it before and I'll say it again, offer up one of their AA starting pitchers, I mentioned before. Offer up Po Yu Chen, or Thomas Harrington. Send along Bart or Delay. Throw in a lottery pick like Nick Cimillo. Toss in Eddie Yean.

There are ways to upgrade, without spending money, and getting years of control in a major league player to boot.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Never heard of O`Hoppe and had to look him up. That would be a great get, nice scouting. :o
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:58 pm Never heard of O`Hoppe and had to look him up. That would be a great get, nice scouting. :o
They can pull the plug on Davis catching, and turn him into a Cutch type role. If they can get his bat to the level he was expected to hit, it's not a waste of a draft pick if he rakes. The Dodgers are paying Ohtani 70 million to be a DH. I don't want anyone telling me about part of the deal is they expected him to pitch. He hasn't thrown an inning yet. If we can get an .850-.900 OPS DH for the cost of the first round bonus, I say it's money well spent.

Just let Davis hit!