Official Game Thread - 6/30 - Brewers @ Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

724C4941524A4A416144534017250 wrote: They continue to alternately surprise us and tear our hearts out.  This is the most fun we've had watching them in eight long years.  I'm loving where this team is going and who's contributing.
alternately is absolutely the word doc. As I have said before, I

think it will be this way all season. This was game # 81. They are currently 39-42 and 4 1/2 back. Like you said, lots of fun
Especially against your hated Brewers :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Great game! I wish I had stayed awake for the end. But I was pleasantly surprised this morning. :)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote: They continue to alternately surprise us and tear our hearts out.  This is the most fun we've had watching them in eight long years.  I'm loving where this team is going and who's contributing.
alternately is absolutely the word doc. As I have said before, I

think it will be this way all season. This was game # 81. They are currently 39-42 and 4 1/2 back. Like you said, lots of fun
Especially against your hated Brewers :D

You have to admit a win like that feels better against a team like the Brewers.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

065046525D47575C5146745359555D581A57340 wrote: Dang, the Bucs had a chance to cut the lead or even tie it up but the young guys couldn’t get it done.  Tough lessons they’re learning now will better prepare them for later.

I lost my stream at 7-5 Brewers and thought Pirates would lose anyway. Later I came back and read this post, so I took it as the Bucs did lose.

Then just now found out I missed the big win :o

I now know how to use the box quote thingy, maybe. :-/
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Like many, I was cheated out of an opportunity to watch this game because of AppleTV. I was trying to feed my addiction to baseball by watching other games and by checking in on the score on the Pirates Official Site. The game tracker on the Official Site was close to worthless, but I saw that the Bucs had scored one in the 9th to pull within 1 and that they had a runner on 2nd. Flipped to the MLB channel and they had 4 games on the split screen. And, just as I flipped the channel, Santana planted one in the River.

Wow! Great to see the Bucs come back in such a glorious way to deny the hated Brewers another win over the Bucs. Santana did a great job of adding to the drama with his jaunt around the bases and his dance at home. Cutch was ecstatic at 2nd as he and everyone else knew that the Brewers would be going home in defeat in dramatic fashion.

Kudos to Bouricki for another scoreless inning and for Mlodinski for 2 shut-out innings at the end of the game. The team, particularly Cutch and Santana, make me want to believe. Anxious to watch tonight's game.

P.S. Thanks to the Mets for making the Brewcrew over use Williams in their recent series.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4269686D6D686F52756075686E6F010 wrote: Dang, the Bucs had a chance to cut the lead or even tie it up but the young guys couldn’t get it done.  Tough lessons they’re learning now will better prepare them for later.

I lost my stream at 7-5 Brewers and thought Pirates would lose anyway. Later I came back and read this post, so I took it as the Bucs did lose.

Then just now found out I missed the big win :o

I now know how to use the box quote thingy, maybe. :-/

HAHAHA! I think my post came after the 7th inning, or maybe the 8th. I should’ve included that in my post but I did get a chuckle out of your post.