Official Game Thread - 7/2 - Bucs vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

123433262F2334222A410 wrote: Well, that should be the end of Hill's day. 5 IP 3 runs.  He hasn't done much since the early part of June, had two nice back to back starts against the Cards and Mets. Other than that, he's been pretty much a liability
Time to bring up Priester and unload Dick Mountain
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Can Reynolds wake up here?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Maybe Reynolds should complain about his back hurting. He's still not helping us out much.

Then again, if we can score 8 more runs, he'll hit a HR when the issue is decided.

Reynolds and Cutch are cock blocking the offense today
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Hill sure throws a lot of pitches in every outing.  I’m sure the plan was to trade him at the Deadline but it’s hard to imagine BC being able to get much in return.
He's been getting worse as the season has progressed. I honestly wish they'd bring Priester up and use Hill out of the bullpen, but that won't happen

If the Deadline comes and goes, and BC wasn’t able to find a trade partner for Hill, the best thing to do is release him and bring up Priester. It would serve a similar purpose as a trade.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

217761757A60707B766153747E727A7F3D70130 wrote: Hill sure throws a lot of pitches in every outing.  I’m sure the plan was to trade him at the Deadline but it’s hard to imagine BC being able to get much in return.
He's been getting worse as the season has progressed. I honestly wish they'd bring Priester up and use Hill out of the bullpen, but that won't happen

If the Deadline comes and goes, and BC wasn’t able to find a trade partner for Hill, the best thing to do is release him and bring up Priester.  It would serve a similar purpose as a trade.
They won't get much for Hill and their rotation is too thin as it is. Priester should replace Bido. Let Hill walk after the season.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

They have a 99 year old WWII vet who was in the second wave at Normandy, fought the Battle of the Bulge, his wife of 76 years is out there with him being recognized in the bottom of the 7th, got a tear in my eye, and if the Pirates don't come back and win this, I'm going to be quite unhappy
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Yea. a hit. off a schlub. We should be murdering this guy
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Too late now. They can match their bullpen, and have Williams completely rested.

Going to take a semi-miracle to pull this one out. Bucs wasted their chances early on, and of course, Rich Hill just couldn't stand prosperity with his BB-HBP-3 run HR momentum sapper.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Joe to PH for Suwinski with the lefty RP coming on
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

flies out on the first pitch. Bucs have really been helping out today. They're playing like the plane won't wait for them. Usually they're taking tons of pitches, but why not today?