Official Game Thread 7/3/2023 Bucs vs. Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

It’s mind-blowing.  Castro is not the future.  If he’s back next year it’ll be very disappointing.  In fact, I hope he’s part of any trade deal that might take place this month.  The sooner he’s gone, the sooner the other guys get more playing time.  That’ll only help going into next season.

The Shelington brain trust believes they are the smartest ones in the room. They've got stat geeks, analytics, metrics, trends, etc. They're on the cutting edge of theories on resting players, which they copied from an NBA team where the sport and its physical activity is completely different. They're way to smart to just play the best players.

What Cherington needs is an old guy in the front office. An old baseball guy. Someone to listen to all that super smart baseball technological data and say, "I don't care, just play the best players!" Shelington is guilty of paralysis by analysis. Too much data, too little common sense. There's always a reason to use a suboptimal lineup. Anybody could just play the best players. But Shelington is way to smart for that.  :(

I’m an old guy.  I can say “I don’t care, just play the best players” if I practice for a day or two.  Finally, I’m eminently qualified for a job.

I will strongly recommend you for the position the next time Cherington asks my opinion.  ;)

So I should report to work later this week?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6C3A2C38372D3D363B2C1E39333F3732703D5E0 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

It’s mind-blowing.  Castro is not the future.  If he’s back next year it’ll be very disappointing.  In fact, I hope he’s part of any trade deal that might take place this month.  The sooner he’s gone, the sooner the other guys get more playing time.  That’ll only help going into next season.

The Shelington brain trust believes they are the smartest ones in the room. They've got stat geeks, analytics, metrics, trends, etc. They're on the cutting edge of theories on resting players, which they copied from an NBA team where the sport and its physical activity is completely different. They're way to smart to just play the best players.

What Cherington needs is an old guy in the front office. An old baseball guy. Someone to listen to all that super smart baseball technological data and say, "I don't care, just play the best players!" Shelington is guilty of paralysis by analysis. Too much data, too little common sense. There's always a reason to use a suboptimal lineup. Anybody could just play the best players. But Shelington is way to smart for that.  :(

I’m an old guy.  I can say “I don’t care, just play the best players” if I practice for a day or two.  Finally, I’m eminently qualified for a job.

I will strongly recommend you for the position the next time Cherington asks my opinion.  ;)

I don't see why not. Tell them Bobster sent you. ;D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

16333030250E333B392E5C0 wrote: Needed A big game from Keller and it’s not happening.

Santana blows 2 plays tonight.

Keller will be done after 5

Not feeling good about this series.
I am not feeling good about the whole week :'(
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Seen enough of Palacios, these types of guys that get a chance need to run hot from the start and make a difference. Splash Players !! Need to find a Garrett Jones.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

I don't see why not. Tell them Bobster sent you.  ;D

Is that when the cops will show up?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

356375616E74646F627547606A666E6B2964070 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

I don't see why not. Tell them Bobster sent you.  ;D

Is that when the cops will show up?
Quite possibly.