Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PooperScooper !

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I was thinking Wilmer Flores, he would be perfect. Bellenger that`s a fantasy, I thought we were trying to be real ? There's a KBO guy that also plays 1st. I cant remember his name now but I mentioned him a few months back.
Doc

Post by Doc »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:25 pm I was thinking Wilmer Flores, he would be perfect. Bellenger that`s a fantasy, I thought we were trying to be real ? There's a KBO guy that also plays 1st. I cant remember his name now but I mentioned him a few months back.
If it’s not the objective to win a championship then, by all means, go after Wilmer Flores. That should get us to 78 wins next year and safely meet the goal.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/ ... teams.html

27 yr. old lefty closer from Japan, former Pirates DBO Bryan Minniti is his agent.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Two of the Pirates position players playing in the Arizona Fall League are Jase Bowen and Jack Brannigan. Both players are not top ten Pirates Prospects, but I wonder if they were sent to Arizona to showcase their talent. The Pirates are at the point where they could trade prospects for MLB pitching and I just wonder if there have been questions from other teams about their availability.
Possum

Post by Possum »

How about bringing Carlos Santana back to town? He can be a big clubhouse and on-field lead and do a lefty-righty platoon with Jared Triolo. Of course, things could go south with Santana at his age and Triolo may not show a power increase. Those are the chances you take if you want any chance to be competitive for a play off spot in 2024.
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Possum wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:48 pm How about bringing Carlos Santana back to town? He can be a big clubhouse and on-field lead and do a lefty-righty platoon with Jared Triolo. Of course, things could go south with Santana at his age and Triolo may not show a power increase. Those are the chances you take if you want any chance to be competitive for a play off spot in 2024.
I wouldn't have any provblem with that. Hopefully
Santana finished with 23 Home Runs this season. Hopefully he has one
more decent year left
Possum

Post by Possum »

Hey coach how is the great-grandaughter doing? Give me a call if you can.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Congrats to Hayes for the award.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Later this evening teams have to tender contracts to players who fall under arbitration rules. I expect the Pirates to tender contracts to all their arbitration eligible players, but I wonder if they will acquire a player from another team that has decided not to tender a contract to one of their players. There has been a little trading activity with some teams today.