The Roster

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

The Roster

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I find it hard to believe they would cut Andujar loose if they were anywhere near to trading Reynolds, and every day they don't trade him makes me think there's still a possibility he could be re-signed.

Ecbucs

The Roster

Post by Ecbucs »

777B727F68346E7377756E7263282A5A7D771A0 wrote: I find it hard to believe they would cut Andujar loose if they were anywhere near to trading Reynolds, and every day they don't trade him makes me think there's still a possibility he could be re-signed.

I think they will keep Reynolds until at least the summer. IF BC is being honest and reallly wants to have an improved record this season they will need Reynolds to do it. If at mid-season they are sure they can't sign him then they can deal him. I just think that most of the return in a Reynolds deal isn't going to help immediately.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Roster

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5A7C7D6A7C6C1F0 wrote: I find it hard to believe they would cut Andujar loose if they were anywhere near to trading Reynolds, and every day they don't trade him makes me think there's still a possibility he could be re-signed.

I think they will keep Reynolds until at least the summer. IF BC is being honest and reallly wants to have an improved record this season they will need Reynolds to do it.  If at mid-season they are sure they can't sign him then they can deal him.  I just think that most of the return in a Reynolds deal isn't going to help immediately.

I strongly feel that as a condition of a Reynolds trade, BC needs to get back in return at least one young player who’s proven he’s a bona fide major league starting player.  The largest part of the rebuild is over.  It’s time for efforts to be mostly directed at winning at the major league level.
ChillinStation

The Roster

Post by ChillinStation »

Let`s bring back Josh Harrison. :-[
3pirates3

The Roster

Post by 3pirates3 »

"Miguel Andujar has cleared waivers and will receive a non-roster invite to Pirates spring training. Pirates DFA’d Andujar when they signed Andrew McCutchen, gambling that no team would claim his $1.525M salary." - Gorman

https://twitter.com/KevinGormanPGH/stat ... 1146624001
MaineBucs

The Roster

Post by MaineBucs »

Seeing how many teams have thrown around money this off-season, I'm not sure that other teams not choosing to pick him up because of his salary ($1.55 mil) is a ringing endorsement of his talent.

That said, I am glad that he is still part of the Pirate's system.

BC - Time to move Choi.
fjk090852-7

The Roster

Post by fjk090852-7 »

59757D7A7156617767140 wrote: Seeing how many teams have thrown around money this off-season, I'm not sure that other teams not choosing to pick him up because of his salary ($1.55 mil) is a ringing endorsement of his talent.

That said, I am glad that he is still part of the Pirate's system. 

BC - Time to move Choi.
I too am happy he cleared waivers, and still is in their system. When they picked him up last September I felt it was one of their better waiver claims. He will have a tough time to make the Opening Day Roster, but if there is an injury he will be an early call up.
WildwoodDave2

The Roster

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A76772C252C24292E312B1C0 wrote: Seeing how many teams have thrown around money this off-season, I'm not sure that other teams not choosing to pick him up because of his salary ($1.55 mil) is a ringing endorsement of his talent.

BC - Time to move Choi.
I too am happy he cleared waivers, and still is in their system. When they picked him up last September I felt it was one of their better waiver claims. He will have a tough time to make the Opening Day Roster, but if there is an injury he will be an early call up.
I agree with you but am wondering with there are any underlying

issues as to why no one picked him up?
3pirates3

The Roster

Post by 3pirates3 »

"Looks like the Pirates have added utility man Chris Owings as a non-roster invitee for spring.

Owings is a 10-year Major League veteran. Career .239/287/.366 slash. Most of his time in the field has come at the middle infield spots." - Demilio

https://twitter.com/Demilio22/status/16 ... 0904736771
Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

Bucs invite 17 non-roster players to camp: Termarr Johnson, Henry Davis, Quinn Priester, Nick Gonzales, Kyle Nicolas, Jared Jones, Carmen Mlodzinski, Cody Bolton, Wei-Chieh Huang, Malcom Nunez, Andres Alvarez, Drew Maggi, Chris Owings, Matt Gorski, Lolo Sanchez, Jason Delay and Carter Bins.