7/31 Game Thread Liriano versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

Everyone needs to remind themselves that what we've seen over the past 3 days has taken place in Miller Park; otherwise known as the Pirates' personal 'House Of Horrors'. Whether it's voodoo, a hex, a curse, or Uecker's dirty socks I don't know, but it's a very real jinx of a thing. The Buccos just aren't as bad a team as they've looked here during this series. They're a bit of a longshot to make the playoffs but they're not this bad!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Liriano doesn't speak English anymore? Anyone else watch his interview with reporters?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I wonder if this poor play this weekend will cause Neil Huntington to move one of his bench players before tomorrow afternoon. He may listen very intently for a guy like Joyce,or Freese.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

404B434F4A4B501513645D454C4B4B0A474B240 wrote: Liriano doesn't speak English anymore? Anyone else watch his interview with reporters? Yea I found that very strange as well. Don't know why he needed a translator.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

7D5F4C515257505F7C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: On a positive note, the Melancon trade is looking absolutely BRILLIANT with each passing day.

If the Pirates never need a closer again this year -- and the way they are hitting right now they might not -- then this trade was an absolute steal for NH and the Pirates.

They traded away a player that wasn't going to be used again this season for 2 young power lefties. Genius.

Plus, Rivero already learned the bullpen handshake and the team group hug sequence. Not bad for one day's work

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

183F2E2A2F320D392E2F2F324B0 wrote: Jaso is hitting .186 over his last 30 games. Please move him in the next day or so so that Bell can come up here and play first base. I just have no idea sometimes what the Pirates are thinking and what goes through heads.

I agree with above and add why is Cutch hitting 3rd the guy is just awful. We need to structure the lineup where it represents reality of how players are playing and not how they've played in the past or how Hurdle thinks they should be playing. I'm sick and tired of seeing Cutch pull this team down. We have several players with their best years with Cutch killing us everytime he comes to the plate. Get over yourself and do what's best for the team. Bench him or put him at the bottom of the lineup until he proves he needs to moved higher in the lineup.