My Changes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

My Changes

Post by SteadyFreddy »

082C383035590 wrote: John Jaso would be a lousy bench option next year (and certainly not a good candidate to platoon at first base). He's a no power replacement level player when hitting exclusively against right hand pitching and just plain horrible against lefties, his defense is average at best and he can only play one position. In short he sucks, and to waste a roster spot on him or to have him take ABs away from Josh Bell in 2017 would be foolish. Whatever the Pirates owe him next year is too much. Don't tell that to Clint Hurdle because according to Hurdle there is no possible way on the face of this earth that Josh Bell could play a better 1st base then John Jaso can right now. Bell sniffs glue I heard before he takes the field, and also puts his glove on his wrong hand too when he takes the field. Those will probably the next ridiculous excuses we hear from Clint Hurdle the next time he is asked why Jaso continues to start at 1st and Bell gets no chance at all.
Quail

My Changes

Post by Quail »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: John Jaso would be a lousy bench option next year (and certainly not a good candidate to platoon at first base). He's a no power replacement level player when hitting exclusively against right hand pitching and just plain horrible against lefties, his defense is average at best and he can only play one position. In short he sucks, and to waste a roster spot on him or to have him take ABs away from Josh Bell in 2017 would be foolish. Whatever the Pirates owe him next year is too much. Don't tell that to Clint Hurdle because according to Hurdle there is no possible way on the face of this earth that Josh Bell could play a better 1st base then John Jaso can right now. Bell sniffs glue I heard before he takes the field, and also puts his glove on his wrong hand too when he takes the field. Those will probably the next ridiculous excuses we hear from Clint Hurdle the next time he is asked why Jaso continues to start at 1st and Bell gets no chance at all.

I think after Jaso's pinch-hit performance in the game last night we can reliably deduce that Bell is just following his example.