Last Minute Trade Buzz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ArnoldRothstein

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Looks like Bastardo is signed for $6.6 million for next year?
Quail

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Quail »

5E7F6A635B62796A7F6E0B0 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

It just always seems like the Rays are hard to deal with. We've been down this road with them before. We've never made a deal.

Well actually on November 3rd 2009 the Bucs traded Jesse Chavez to TB for Aki Iwamura. Considering the magnitude of failure on the Pirates end of that deal we should probably continue to avoid any trades involving the Rays.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

At least Niese and his contract are out of here. One thing is for sure the Pirates freed up a ton of money this weekend unloading both Melancon and Niese. Plus, with the money we already have saved there is really no excuse now not to go out in the offseason and go sign and spend some decent money on a number 2 starting pitcher.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Niese for Bastardo?

That is a pretty good deal for the Pirates and I have no idea how well Bastardo is pitching this year.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nova 15 starts 4.90 era and 19 home runs allowed. Yep fits right in. Tell me how this makes our starting rotation better.
SpeedyG

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SpeedyG »

5D565E5257564D080E794058515656175A56390 wrote: Niese for Bastardo?

That is a pretty good deal for the Pirates and I have no idea how well Bastardo is pitching this year.

Not nearly as good as last year.

He is also owed $6 million next year.
fjk090852-7

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With the acquisition of Nova and Bastardo the Bucs must still drop a pitcher from the staff. They can send down Moroff but with Vogelsong coming back another pitcher must be dropped from the 25 man roster.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: Niese for Bastardo?

That is a pretty good deal for the Pirates and I have no idea how well Bastardo is pitching this year. If you want to get technical we traded Neil Walker for Antonio Bastardo.
SpeedyG

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SpeedyG »

ESPN is really crapping all over Mark Melancon.

Yeah, he's not as flashy as Aroldis Chapman, but to suggest that Felipe Rivero isn't that far off from Melancon is a bit out of line. If Chapman is a step above Melancon, then Melancon is at least a step above Rivero.
UtahPirate

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by UtahPirate »

0521353D38540 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

It just always seems like the Rays are hard to deal with. We've been down this road with them before. We've never made a deal.

Well actually on November 3rd 2009 the Bucs traded Jesse Chavez to TB for Aki Iwamura. Considering the magnitude of failure on the Pirates end of that deal we should probably continue to avoid any trades involving the Rays.

Iwamura was soooo bad! And I stand corrected!