4/22 Taillon versus Yankees...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Can we find someone to play 2nd base, Harrison made 2 awful plays their last night. He looked absolutely awful.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Bastardo.....

Hardest hit ball in history.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

797E68606E793E324B6C666A6267256864660B0 wrote: Bastardo.....

Hardest hit ball in history.
I pretty sure I saw Bastardo laughing, I'd give him something to laugh about.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

How do they only have two errors? I counted at least four. A questionable fifth. But the book only says two?

Bastardo is done. His good pitches are even getting hit hard. His time with the Piates can't be that long.

The Yankees might have the biggest line up ever. These big bats can be intimidating. No excuse, just saying.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Why has he got Harrison at second, we need to at least make these guys think they need to straighten up I'd put Hanson in there today and tomorrow try and send Harrison a message.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2C272F2326273C797F083129202727662B27480 wrote: How do they only have two errors?  I counted at least four. A questionable fifth. But the book only says two?

Bastardo is done.  His good pitches are even getting hit hard. His time with the Piates can't be that long.

The Yankees might have the biggest line up ever. These big bats can be intimidating. No excuse, just saying.
Incredibly, Jaso was not charged with an error.
rucker59@gmail.com

Frankly, these two teams don't belong on the same field together. Comparing lineups, there is simply nothing in common between the two.

Our young pitchers give the Pirates a chance, but the rest of the roster is simply stunning in their disparity.

And much of the Yankee roster is home grown (or acquired in trades) with some key FAs tossed in.

If I didnt hate the Yankees this would be an easy team to like.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4245535B5542050970575D51595C1E535F5D300 wrote: Frankly, these two teams don't belong on the same field together.  Comparing lineups, there is simply nothing in common between the two.

Our young pitchers give the Pirates a chance, but the rest of the roster is simply stunning in their disparity.

And much of the Yankee roster is home grown (or acquired in trades) with some key FAs tossed in. 

Were you saying that yesterday too?

Today was a bad game. Errors galore. One of the worst games I have seen in a while.
rucker59@gmail.com

676C64686D6C773234437A626B6C6C2D606C030 wrote: Frankly, these two teams don't belong on the same field together.  Comparing lineups, there is simply nothing in common between the two.

Were you saying that yesterday too?

Today was a bad game. Errors galore. One of the worst games I have seen in a while.

Yes. This is more than just a bad game. There are players on this team being plugged into spots they don't belong. They have bullpen arms they can't use. They've got bench players they can't use. Nothing is the same from game to game - lineups, batting order.

I said we've got pitchers that can keep the Pirates in a game. But they don't otherwise have a roster that works. They'll win games due to starters. But this is a broken team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Compounding all the deficiencies on this team is that 4 of the 25 are deadwood: Jaso, Bastardo, Hanson and Gosselin. Bad enough to lose Kang and Marte but this bench and Bastardo do more harm than good.