McCutchen's drop off

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

McCutchen's drop off

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If they trade Cutch to the Cubs, and he leads them through the pennant race and into the playoffs, it would really, really, really test my love of the Pirates. Might be more than I could handle.
dmetz

McCutchen's drop off

Post by dmetz »

Does the team option go with him if he's traded? Does the team he would be traded to have the option or is it forgone if traded?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

McCutchen's drop off

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

333A32232D570 wrote: Does the team option go with him if he's traded?  Does the team he would be traded to have the option or is it forgone if traded?

This was asked before.

To go with that question, do the Pirates have to pick up his option before he can be traded in the off season? What is the deadline to pick up that option?
SammyKhalifa

McCutchen's drop off

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I assumed that any team that traded for him got his contract, including any option that comes with it. There could be specific wording in there though, I suppose.
dmetz

McCutchen's drop off

Post by dmetz »

The option goes with him.  Confirmed.   

If he is traded, it's rest of this year plus next year since everyone is going to pick up his option now.   Even if he falls off again, which seems likely, just being able to do this for a month dangles the idea that he's MVP Caliber STILL deep down somewhere.

Trade him for a nice haul. And don't miss again. No excuses for a weak return on this one.
Docjon49

McCutchen's drop off

Post by Docjon49 »

5C555D4C42380 wrote: The option goes with him.  Confirmed.   

If he is traded, it's rest of this year plus next year since everyone is going to pick up his option now.   Even if he falls off again, which seems likely, just being able to do this for a month dangles the idea that he's MVP Caliber STILL deep down somewhere.

Trade him for a nice haul. And don't miss again.  No excuses for a weak return on this one.

With Fowler out for a year+ and Hicks out for about 3 more weeks (and who knows how quickly he'll get back to form), I wonder if the Yankees might like to rent-a-Cutch. Kind of overkill though, if you think Hicks will bounce back quickly. I don't know what their AAA-outfield depth is like, but 2 outfielders are down, and they're one game out.

My guess is they plug the hole by other means and wait for Hicks. Teams seem hesitant to trade before the deadline.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

McCutchen's drop off

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What happens if McCutchen is not traded at the deadline? How long do the Pirates have to pick up his option?
BenM

McCutchen's drop off

Post by BenM »

6A414D4441401A172E0 wrote: The option goes with him.  Confirmed.   

Trade him for a nice haul. And don't miss again.  No excuses for a weak return on this one.

With Fowler out for a year+ and Hicks out for about 3 more weeks (and who knows how quickly he'll get back to form), I wonder if the Yankees might like to rent-a-Cutch.  Kind of overkill though, if you think Hicks will bounce back quickly.  I don't know what their AAA-outfield depth is like, but 2 outfielders are down, and they're one game out. 

My guess is they plug the hole by other means and wait for Hicks.  Teams seem hesitant to trade before the deadline. 

They called up top prospect Clint Frazier.
Docjon49

McCutchen's drop off

Post by Docjon49 »

684F44672A0 wrote: The option goes with him.  Confirmed.   

With Fowler out for a year+ and Hicks out for about 3 more weeks (and who knows how quickly he'll get back to form), I wonder if the Yankees might like to rent-a-Cutch.  Kind of overkill though, if you think Hicks will bounce back quickly.  I don't know what their AAA-outfield depth is like, but 2 outfielders are down, and they're one game out. 

My guess is they plug the hole by other means and wait for Hicks.  Teams seem hesitant to trade before the deadline. 

Must be nice to be the Yankees and have acres of "top prospects" to call up. Lose a top prospect for the year in his first ever ML game, no problem.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/yanke ... nteresting

This is expected to be Clint Frazier's first taste of the big leagues. He will have more eyes on him because of what New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman once described as "legendary" bat speed but also because of a personality that has drawn attention to the outfielder during his 11 months in the Yankees organization.

Thanks for the update. I know nothing of the AL.
ChitownBucco

McCutchen's drop off

Post by ChitownBucco »

5F7873501D0 wrote: The option goes with him.  Confirmed.   

Wow the yanks rebuilt their farm/youth movement seemingly over night

Very impressive