Nova v Arrieta - game 2

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Nova v Arrieta - game 2

Post by mouse »

I would guess he doesn't give the count and so forth on the TV side because it's displayed on the screen and he figures people can see that, and wants to give them something else. I recall once when Bob Prince apologized to the TV audience, saying he was going to give the radio call for a bit because that feed had gone out, so they were sending the TV feed to the radio audience. It is a different level and type of information.
UtahPirate

Nova v Arrieta - game 2

Post by UtahPirate »

494B515741240 wrote: I would guess he doesn't give the count and so forth on the TV side because it's displayed on the screen and he figures people can see that, and wants to give them something else. I recall once when Bob Prince apologized to the TV audience, saying he was going to give the radio call for a bit because that feed had gone out, so they were sending the TV feed to the radio audience. It is a different level and type of information.

I agree that there should be a difference between the TV broadcast and the radio. But pitching and pitches being thrown are part of the game -- especially location or type of pitch that was thrown. Listen to the difference between how Brown lets you know what's going on and Block just rambles -- or leaves a ton of air time just dead.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova v Arrieta - game 2

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It's the time period. There are so many other sources to get the score. There are times I listen or watch a game and have it going on an app or website too. The announcers need to entertain to keep their audiences. I think that is why you don't hear basic stats as much. I do wish the score was said more on the radio, but I usually just open my free ESPN app on my phone.
Ecbucs

Nova v Arrieta - game 2

Post by Ecbucs »

4B40484441405B1E186F564E474040014C402F0 wrote: It's the time period. There are so many other sources to get the score. There are times I listen or watch a game and have it going on an app or website too. The announcers need to entertain to keep their audiences. I think that is why you don't hear basic stats as much. I do wish the score was said more on the radio, but I usually just open my free ESPN app on my phone.

I think this is spot on. Watched the Pirates Cubs game today and realized that they didn't put the players batting average on the screen and only in some appearances did they say what the player had done earlier in the game.

I remember it was a big deal to notice that on NBC game of week that players averages were updated from at bat to at bat.