Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Jordan Luplow to be recalled

Post by Bobster21 »

Brault optioned to Indy.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Gee, three pages on Jordan Luplow. Can you imagine if the Pirates actually did something?!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

082528393E2F38787B4A0 wrote: Could mean that Osuna is going as he's completely blocked in Pittsburgh and can play 1B and DH in the AL.

I was just watching MLB and saw that Steve Pearce hit a walk off grand slam today. Announcer said Pearce was hitting .450 with runners in scoring position.  :o
I really like Osuna but, as you say, he's blocked by Bell and he clearly has no business in the OF. He could be a trade chip.

What about third base?

If the team sells, he could get two months at third base. I am not sure why he hasn't been tried there yet in an actual game. There have been a few blow outs since he has taken some ground balls.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3F343C3035342F6A6C1B223A3334347538345B0 wrote: Could mean that Osuna is going as he's completely blocked in Pittsburgh and can play 1B and DH in the AL.

I was just watching MLB and saw that Steve Pearce hit a walk off grand slam today. Announcer said Pearce was hitting .450 with runners in scoring position.  :o
I really like Osuna but, as you say, he's blocked by Bell and he clearly has no business in the OF. He could be a trade chip.

What about third base?

If the team sells, he could get two months at third base.  I am not sure why he hasn't been tried there yet in an actual game.  There have been a few blow outs since he has taken some ground balls.

If he is a Bobby Bonilla defensively at third is his offense going to be good enough to make up for that?

At least he is willing to try third and I too hope he gets some action there this season rather than waiting until next year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

A player's offense has to be good enough to begin with. It's finding a spot for the bat. If you can hit, they will keep you. It is very rare other wise.

Albert Pujols was tried at 3B, LF, RF, and 1B before he found a home at 1B. That special bat wasn't going away because of his glove.