9/20 game. At least Brault can hit.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

646F676B6E6F743137407961686F6F2E636F000 wrote: Glasnow is like the Yogi Berra comment. " Baseball is 90 percent mental the other half is physical." He needs to get that mental toughness or else he may never succeed. That is sad if he never gets that toughness. He has the talent.

On the mound it looks mental.  But his comments don't say that.  He has said over and over how he has to keep learning and going out there.  He knows he isn't performing.  Very strange.  He just needs to throw strikes instead of nibbling the corners. 

To me, he doesn't seem like a Gerrit Cole and has a meltdown when things go bad.  He is just pitching bad.  He then gets very upset at himself in the dugout after he is pulled.  Does he have Steve Blass disease already?

Wondering the same thing....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5B767B6A6D7C6B2B28190 wrote: Did anyone else see the post game interview of Frazier by the Pirates' paid Pollyanna Robbie Incmkowski? Robbie's job seems to be to put a very positive spin on every aspect of every game. Most of his questions begin with "What does it mean...?" As he tossed softball questions to Frazier following the walk-off HR, he asked what a win like this will do for the clubhouse atmosphere. Frazier, apparently joking, said they were going to have a party with a lot of dancing. Robbie, just bubbling over despite the Pirates' 69-84 record, stepped back and said excitedly, "Show us some of those dance moves." Frazier just looked at Robbie like he was an idiot and walked away without a word to end the interview. 

I enjoyed the two calls. The Brewers announcer was so low key, monotone as Frazier's ball went over the fence. Greg Brown was the complete opposite. Kind of funny.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

1734212120282B252021367C7C440 wrote: I would keep running Glasnow out there as a reliever.  I would challenge him to throw every pitch in the strike zone and let him know we don't care if you get shelled but keep it in the zone.  I suspect he will learn that he can be effective in the zone.  I would then rebuild his mind in the offseason and give him another shot at the rotation next spring with the bullpen as a fall back option.  As for this season, who cares if he gets shelled it isn't like his psyche is going to get more damaged than it already is but you may be able to teach him that he can get a few major leaguers out with the movement on his pitches inside the zone.

Yeah it seems pointless to argue about Glasnow. What he's unable to do is so basic, what difference does it make if he starts or comes out of the pen?

Bring him out of the pen and tell him to throw strikes. When the pound him, then worry about that.

That's it really. Can you throw strikes?